Iraq produces 1.73m tonnes of wheat
Baghdad, August 4, 2011
Iraq has received 1.73 million tonnes of local wheat from the 2010/11 crop and 153,000 tonnes of barley, after both harvests were hit by drought, the Grain Board spokesman said on Thursday.
Iraq harvested 1.866 million tonnes of wheat and 450,000 tonnes of barley in the 2009/10 season thanks to good rains. - Reuters
More Miscellaneous Stories
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to clinch key deal
- UAE food expo nets $544m deals
- Bleak outlook for WTO deal as rift widens
- Cargill picks top ME banker for Asia role
- Raytheon sees $5bn Mideast orders in 'weeks'
- Civil servants may get 20pc pay increase
- Bikers Cafe launched in Fujairah
- N Irish seafood firms eye Mideast market
- UAE experts warn of rising child abuse
- German pump specialist boosts ME presence