Iraq produces 1.73m tonnes of wheat
Baghdad, August 4, 2011
Iraq has received 1.73 million tonnes of local wheat from the 2010/11 crop and 153,000 tonnes of barley, after both harvests were hit by drought, the Grain Board spokesman said on Thursday.
Iraq harvested 1.866 million tonnes of wheat and 450,000 tonnes of barley in the 2009/10 season thanks to good rains. - Reuters
More Miscellaneous Stories
- UAE’s coffee champ eyes World Barista trophy
- Sanjeev Kapoor captivates Treat visitors
- Sudan firm to export animal feed to Gulf
- Arrest of Saudi with pressure cooker 'overzealous'
- Stability ‘returning to Bahrain streets’
- UAE’s coffee & tea usage up 85pc in 3 years
- Alwaleed Foundation supports art course
- Saudi arrested in US after 'false' statement
- Hansgrohe revenue rises 5.4pc to $1bn in 2012
- Carlyle Group buys stake in Jordan’s Al Nabil