RAK Ceramics MD wins top Japanese award
Dubai, August 10, 2011
The Government of Japan has awarded the prestigious ‘Order of the Rising Sun, Gold Rays with Neck Ribbon’ to Hamad Abdullah Al Mutawah, managing director of RAK Ceramics.
The award was in recognition of Al Mutawah's efforts in promoting stronger relations between the UAE and Japan in the field of agriculture and fisheries.
Awarded in the name of the Japanese Emperor, the Order of the Rising Sun is Japan’s oldest national decoration established in 1875.
Al Mutawah, who previously served as Undersecretary of the UAE Ministry of Agriculture and Fisheries, is a prominent business leader in the UAE and has been an active organiser and supporter of community-oriented activities in Ras Al Khaimah and all over the country.
The award validates Al Mutawah’s passion for service and echoes RAK Ceramics’ commitment to promote strong bilateral relations with other countries in line with its global expansion strategy, said a statement.
RAK Ceramics is a $1 billion global conglomerate in the ceramic industry, offering a product portfolio comprising over 8,000 designs in ceramic tiles, Gres Porcellanato, and several models in bathware. RAK Ceramics is also founding member of Emirates Green Building Council, which supports the development of sustainable buildings in UAE. TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Saudi's inaugural food expo 'a big hit'
- One million Gazans in need of food aid says UN
- US burger chain to open outlets in Saudi
- $350,000 raised at Dubai charity event
- 2013 deadliest for desperate migrants, says report
- Bahrain sees 25pc drop in fires
- 4,500 to exhibit at Dubai food show
- Northrop Grumman names new Saudi head
- 1,500 delegates at Ajman networking event
- Iran buys Indian raw sugar in rare deals