Gulf Air launches Ramadan drive
Manama, August 23, 2011
Gulf Air, the national airline of Bahrain, launched its Ramadan community service by distributing thousands of Iftar boxes to mosques in Manama.
Volunteers from the airline visited the mosques to deliver the boxes, which contained dates and other food items.
"The real essence of Ramadan is giving and sharing; expressing this spirit is the feeding of others, which is one of the religious traditions of Ramadan," said Gulf Air chief executive Samer Majali.
Gulf Air also gave away 3,000 special Gargaoun gift hampers to children arriving and departing from Bahrain International Airport. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- DuPont in sustainability goals success
- Abu Dhabi Police, Royal Jet ink agreement
- Jotun opens warehouse in Dammam
- RAK Ceramics deploys top SAP software
- GCAA warns on helium balloon dangers
- Top pizza chain plans big UAE investment
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to clinch key deal
- UAE food expo nets $544m deals
- Bleak outlook for WTO deal as rift widens
- Cargill picks top ME banker for Asia role