Gulf Air launches Ramadan drive
Manama, August 23, 2011
Gulf Air, the national airline of Bahrain, launched its Ramadan community service by distributing thousands of Iftar boxes to mosques in Manama.
Volunteers from the airline visited the mosques to deliver the boxes, which contained dates and other food items.
"The real essence of Ramadan is giving and sharing; expressing this spirit is the feeding of others, which is one of the religious traditions of Ramadan," said Gulf Air chief executive Samer Majali.
Gulf Air also gave away 3,000 special Gargaoun gift hampers to children arriving and departing from Bahrain International Airport. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Bahrain firm to set up virtual fantasy world
- Egypt gathers 2.7m tonnes of wheat
- Iran seeks to speed up nuclear activity: IAEA
- RAK yacht club enters new partnership
- Mubadala unit developing new cabin concept
- Iran denies link to spying ring in Saudi
- Turkey shuts Syria border after bombings
- Enrolment for tourism youth summer camp opens
- Bahrain MPs vote to ban pork
- Kuwaiti touristic website introduced