Ministry of Finance holds charity drive
Dubai, August 24, 2011
The UAE Ministry of Finance recently held a Ramadan charity drive for three days in line with its corporate social responsibility initiative at its headquarters.
The event was held in partnership with Human Appeal International-UAE for clothes and second hand items in Abu Dhabi and Dubai.
The ministry employees were also encouraged to join in the drive, where their donations were placed in designated Human Appeal International boxes.
Saif Ali Al Khatri, director of government communications department at the ministry, said: "Our Ramadan charity drive falls in line with our CSR efforts within the local community, and reflects the humanitarian sentiments of our employees, and their willingness to participate in charitable events."
These initiatives are aimed at enhancing and strengthening ties between different members of the UAE community, he added.– TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Bahrain seizes $7.2m drugs in boat raids
- UAE pulls out of $9.8bn Eurofighter deal
- Saudi's inaugural food expo 'a big hit'
- One million Gazans in need of food aid says UN
- US burger chain to open outlets in Saudi
- $350,000 raised at Dubai charity event
- 2013 deadliest for desperate migrants, says report
- Bahrain sees 25pc drop in fires
- 4,500 to exhibit at Dubai food show
- Northrop Grumman names new Saudi head