Egypt GASC buys 120,000 T Russian wheat
Cairo, August 25, 2011
Egypt, the world's largest wheat importer, has bought 120,000 tonnes of Russian and Romanian wheat for the November 1-10 shipment on a free on board basis, the main government wheat buyer said on Thursday.
Nomani Nomani, vice chairman of the General Authority for Supply Commodities (GASC), gave the following breakdown of the purchases: 60,000 tonnes of Romanian wheat from Toepfer at $288.98 per tonne and 60,000 tonnes of Russian wheat from Nidera at $294.69 per tonne.-Reuters
More Miscellaneous Stories
- UAE food expo nets $544m deals
- Bleak outlook for WTO deal as rift widens
- Cargill picks top ME banker for Asia role
- Raytheon sees $5bn Mideast orders in 'weeks'
- Civil servants may get 20pc pay increase
- Bikers Cafe launched in Fujairah
- N Irish seafood firms eye Mideast market
- UAE experts warn of rising child abuse
- German pump specialist boosts ME presence
- Almaymanah signs franchise with Austria firm