Australian team wins top IAA award
London, August 25, 2011
Australia's Team Boomerang One from Edith Cowan University, Perth became the champions of the annual International Advertising Association (IAA) InterAd XIII Global Student Advertising Competition.
The competition was part of the Education and Professional Development Programme and designed to give students the opportunity to test their skills with a real world client case study.
This year the brief was developed with Denstu London and its client Canon Europe. The brief asked for a game changing brand campaign that disrupts the category and breaks all conventions.
Dentsu London MD and jury chairman Ida Rezvani, said: “Although all teams clearly worked incredibly hard to deliver their presentations, it was interesting that some chose quite a theoretical approach.'
'It was very clear that Boomerang One was the winning team and by far, the most creative. Whilst robust thinking is a huge part of what we do, we get paid to deliver creative work, as that’s the bit clients can’t do themselves,” he added.
The winning team members include Annabel slade Jakob Reimerson, Colby Lathwell Jon Ismailovski, and Jack Geerssen Sebastian Forsström who will all receive certificates and an award in an event in London on September 16.
Five other regional teams also reached the IAA finals and will be given global runner-up awards based on their juried scores.-TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Top pizza chain plans big UAE investment
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to clinch key deal
- UAE food expo nets $544m deals
- Bleak outlook for WTO deal as rift widens
- Cargill picks top ME banker for Asia role
- Raytheon sees $5bn Mideast orders in 'weeks'
- Civil servants may get 20pc pay increase
- Bikers Cafe launched in Fujairah
- N Irish seafood firms eye Mideast market
- UAE experts warn of rising child abuse