Al Rabie steps up juice production
Jeddah, August 27, 2011
Al Rabie Saudi Foods has increased production of juices by 30 per cent, and its fast food line Awal Qatfa by more than 20 per cent during Ramadan, to meet the significant increase in consumption during the holy month.
“Saudis consume more than 1300 million litres of juice per year and statistics reveal that the consumption of juices during the month of Ramadan increases by as much as 30 per cent," remarked said Al Sharif Monther Al Harthi, CEO Al Rabie Saudi Foods.
"Given our ongoing focus on consumer satisfaction, we decided to boost our production levels during the holy month to meet the needs of the market both in Saudi, the GCC region and Arab countries," he stated.
According to Al Harthi, the annual growth rate in the production volume of the juice market in Saudi is estimated to be between 8 to10 per cent.
With 38 factories producing all types of juices in various sizes, the sales of bottled and liquid juices are expected to reach 1300 million litres per year, he said, citing latests statistics.
This scale of production represents more than 90 per cent of the needs of consumers within the country, he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- BAE Systems falls after UAE halts fighter talks
- GCC to set up 100,000-strong security force
- Bahrain seizes $7.2m drugs in boat raids
- UAE pulls out of $9.8bn Eurofighter deal
- Saudi's inaugural food expo 'a big hit'
- One million Gazans in need of food aid says UN
- US burger chain to open outlets in Saudi
- $350,000 raised at Dubai charity event
- 2013 deadliest for desperate migrants, says report
- Bahrain sees 25pc drop in fires