Top video games convention kicks off
Manama, September 10, 2011
Bahrain is set to host the second annual edition of Animania, one of the Gulf region's biggest anime and video games convention at the Prestige Hall in Adhari Park.
The convention will feature a cosplay contest in which participants dress up as their favourite anime/video game characters and the winner will be chosen as Bahrain's top cosplayer.
There will be a separate contest for anime/video games skits.
A major highlight this year will be gaming tournaments in which prominent players from across the Gulf will vie for glory.
The popular Movie Hall from the inaugural event will return in an improved form and the latest in anime cinema will be displayed. Karaoke, games and an art gallery are other attractions.
New features include a scavenger hunt in which Animania guests will have to locate 10 clues/figures in and around Adhari Park, with the first to spot all 10 figures the winner.-TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Saudi's inaugural food expo 'a big hit'
- One million Gazans in need of food aid says UN
- US burger chain to open outlets in Saudi
- $350,000 raised at Dubai charity event
- 2013 deadliest for desperate migrants, says report
- Bahrain sees 25pc drop in fires
- 4,500 to exhibit at Dubai food show
- Northrop Grumman names new Saudi head
- 1,500 delegates at Ajman networking event
- Iran buys Indian raw sugar in rare deals