F1 champ named Aabar brand ambassador
Abu Dhabi, September 10, 2011
Abu Dhabi-based Aabar Investments has sealed an agreement with Niki Lauda, three-time Formula One World Champion making him their brand ambassador.
Austrian born Lauda won the F1 World Championship in 1975, 1977 and 1984. Since retiring as a driver, he has gained an excellent reputation as a business man, said a statement from Aabar.
He founded two airlines, 'Lauda Air' and 'Fly NIKI'. In addition, Lauda is as an unrivaled expert and TV commentator on Formula One races, the statement added.
As per the partnership deal, Lauda will be Aabar's brand ambassador around the world starting from the 2011 Italian GP. With this partnership, Aabar highlights its commitment to Formula One, it said.
Since 2009, Aabar has been a major shareholder in Mercedes Grand Prix Limited, the Formula One team of Daimler AG. Aabar is also a shareholder in Daimler AG, holding a 9 per ent share.
Khadem Abdulla Al Qubaisi, chairman of Aabar's board of directors, said, 'This agreement demonstrates Aabar's strong commitment to Formula One. We are proud to team up with one of the living legends of the sport, and we have no doubt that Niki Lauda will help to raise Aabar's visibility worldwide.'
On the new partnership, Lauda said: 'I am proud to be a brand ambassador for Aabar.'
'This ambitious and innovative investment company has made a great contribution to Formula One. Moreover, Aabar thinks long term and acts in a sustainable manner. I identify with these values,' he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Egypt food subsidy bill to total $4.3bn this year
- Entrepreneurship festival targets SMEs
- Equity firm buys into Algerian Pepsi bottler
- Mother recounts vice den ordeal in Bahrain
- More companies 'getting into CSR activities'
- Middle East grain import bills could rise
- New Emirati themed restaurant opens
- 4 UAE companies in race for agri innovation awards
- Stage set for Bahrain Animal Production Show
- Amphibious boats make global debut in Dubai
- Dubai chamber F&B group sets roadmap for 2014
- Feminisation drive costs $213m to Saudi firms
- US interiors firm opens MEA base in Dubai
- Saudi 'spends $1.6bn on energy drinks'
- Farmer is jailed for raping housemaid in Bahrain
- Bahraini mother recounts firebombs agony
- Guard foils masked ATM robbers in Bahrain
- Bahraini on Arab world's 'most powerful women' list
- Latest kitchen technology at Sharjah event
- Number of HNWIs in Africa to double by 2023
- World boxing legend to visit Bahrain
- UAE road accidents decline by 23.5pc
- Top businesswomen in Bahrain honoured
- Death penalty sought for Bahrain terrorists
- Girl, 9, dies after fall from 8th floor in Abu Dhabi
- Lebanese café brand opens Dubai outlet
- Bahrain poultry firm told to step up safety
- Customer dies in Bahrain cafe brawl
- Bahraini boys hurt while planting bombs
- Philips, Ericsson launch LED street lighting