Saudi gears up for top agri expo
Riyadh, September 17, 2011
Over 315 exhibitors from more than 33 countries are in Riyadh to take part in "Saudi Agriculture 2011 – The 30th International Agriculture, Water and Agro-Industry Show," which opens on Monday.
A premier business-to-business agriculture and agro-food event in the region, "Saudi Agriculture 2011" will reveal opportunities within the thriving $5.6 billion Saudi food and beverages market for the next four days at the Riyadh International Convention & Exhibition Centre.
The trade show will see exhibitors view and discuss key technologies and best practices for the Saudi, regional and global markets.
To be held under the patronage of Dr. Fahid Balghunaim, Saudi Minister of Agriculture, Saudi Agriculture 2011 will feature the latest in animal health and production, agricultural finance and banking, agricultural products and services, chemicals and fertilizers, cold storage and crop production, and dairy farming products and equipment, among many others.
Regional and international agriculture industry players and leaders will interact with high-ranking agriculture officials to identify and explore business and investment prospects in the Kingdom and across the Middle East.
Saudi Agriculture 2011 is accredited by UFI, the Global Association of the Exhibition Industry, said event organisers Riyadh Exhibitions Company.
“We are all set to start what we expect to be a highly successful edition in just a few more days," said Mohamad Al Hussaini, deputy general manager, Riyadh Exhibitions Company.
The strong response, he said, in terms of exhibitor confirmation, government support and public interest reflects how Saudi Agriculture is still viewed as the region’s top agriculture event after 30 years.
"We have added special segments such as organic foods to complement industry expansions and provide more options to investors and businesses interested or currently operating in the Saudi market," he added.
Also running concurrently with Saudi Agriculture 2011 is Saudi Agro-Food 2011 - The 18th International Trade Show for Food Products.
Saudi Agro-Food 2011 will showcase products, technologies and services in areas ranging from frozen and chilled foods, confectionery, chocolates, health and natural foods, to presentation, processing and packaging equipment.-TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Dutch firm wins Algeria interior ministry order
- Bahrain SMEs 'on the verge of closure'
- Unrest victim's kin stranded at Bahrain airport
- Egypt food subsidy bill to total $4.3bn this year
- Entrepreneurship festival targets SMEs
- Equity firm buys into Algerian Pepsi bottler
- Mother recounts vice den ordeal in Bahrain
- More companies 'getting into CSR activities'
- Middle East grain import bills could rise
- New Emirati themed restaurant opens
- 4 UAE companies in race for agri innovation awards
- Stage set for Bahrain Animal Production Show
- Amphibious boats make global debut in Dubai
- Dubai chamber F&B group sets roadmap for 2014
- Feminisation drive costs $213m to Saudi firms
- US interiors firm opens MEA base in Dubai
- Saudi 'spends $1.6bn on energy drinks'
- Farmer is jailed for raping housemaid in Bahrain
- Bahraini mother recounts firebombs agony
- Guard foils masked ATM robbers in Bahrain
- Bahraini on Arab world's 'most powerful women' list
- Latest kitchen technology at Sharjah event
- Number of HNWIs in Africa to double by 2023
- World boxing legend to visit Bahrain
- UAE road accidents decline by 23.5pc
- Top businesswomen in Bahrain honoured
- Death penalty sought for Bahrain terrorists
- Girl, 9, dies after fall from 8th floor in Abu Dhabi
- Lebanese café brand opens Dubai outlet
- Bahrain poultry firm told to step up safety