Raid on illegal TV network in Bahrain
Manama, September 21, 2011
Government authorities in Bahrain have raided the premises of an illegal pirate television network in the Capital Governorate.
The raid was conducted by the Information Affairs Authority's publications and publishing directorate, in liaison with the Public Prosecution and the Interior Ministry.
It had been transmitting over a radius of more than 1.5km to more than 400 subscribers.
Acting publications and publishing director Yousuf Mohammed Ismael said complaints had been received about people illicitly practising satellite TV broadcasting via an unlicensed cable TV network.
The directorate obtained permission from the Public Prosecution to inspect the building, and has referred the case to it. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- BAE Systems falls after UAE halts fighter talks
- GCC to set up 100,000-strong security force
- Bahrain seizes $7.2m drugs in boat raids
- UAE pulls out of $9.8bn Eurofighter deal
- Saudi's inaugural food expo 'a big hit'
- One million Gazans in need of food aid says UN
- US burger chain to open outlets in Saudi
- $350,000 raised at Dubai charity event
- 2013 deadliest for desperate migrants, says report
- Bahrain sees 25pc drop in fires