Atlantis named ‘Best Hotel’ in Mena region
Dubai, September 27, 2011
One of the leading entertainment resort destinations in the Middle East, Atlantis, The Palm, has been named the winner of My Planet Travel Awards’ ‘Best Hotel in the Middle East and Africa’.
The My Planet Travel Awards are presented in partnership with Russia’s main state television group, All-Russian State Television and Radio Broadcasting Company (VGTRK), represented primarily by Moya Planeta TV, Russia’s leading travel and leisure network.
Voted for exclusively by the Russian public and by Russian travel industry professionals, the awards provide a snapshot of the growth of this dynamic market and celebrate the most popular destinations, resorts and services, the resort said in a statement.
The leading international and Russian hotels, resorts, destinations and service providers were invited to join the shortlist and enter the competition.
The award was presented to Atlantis, The Palm at a ceremony held in Moscow, Russia.
“Atlantis is thrilled to be recognised as the best hotel in the Middle East and Africa by the Russian voters. Russia is a key market for us and there is a very high standard of competition that exists within the Middle East, therefore we are very honoured,” said Serge Zaalof, chief operating officer for Atlantis.
"We are thrilAtlantis, The PalmThe resort encompasses a 46 hectare site with a 17 hectare water themed amusement at Aquaventure, extensive fresh and salt-water pools and lagoon exhibits, an open-aired marine habitat, a seemingly endless stretch of beach, luxury boutiques, numerous dining choices including three celebrity chef restaurants, exciting nightlife, ShuiQi Spa & Fitness Centre, and 5,600m of meeting and function space. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Mother recounts vice den ordeal in Bahrain
- More companies 'getting into CSR activities'
- Middle East grain import bills could rise
- New Emirati themed restaurant opens
- 4 UAE companies in race for agri innovation awards
- Stage set for Bahrain Animal Production Show
- Amphibious boats make global debut in Dubai
- Dubai chamber F&B group sets roadmap for 2014
- Feminisation drive costs $213m to Saudi firms
- US interiors firm opens MEA base in Dubai
- Saudi 'spends $1.6bn on energy drinks'
- Farmer is jailed for raping housemaid in Bahrain
- Bahraini mother recounts firebombs agony
- Guard foils masked ATM robbers in Bahrain
- Bahraini on Arab world's 'most powerful women' list
- Latest kitchen technology at Sharjah event
- Number of HNWIs in Africa to double by 2023
- World boxing legend to visit Bahrain
- UAE road accidents decline by 23.5pc
- Top businesswomen in Bahrain honoured
- Death penalty sought for Bahrain terrorists
- Girl, 9, dies after fall from 8th floor in Abu Dhabi
- Lebanese café brand opens Dubai outlet
- Bahrain poultry firm told to step up safety
- Customer dies in Bahrain cafe brawl
- Bahraini boys hurt while planting bombs
- Philips, Ericsson launch LED street lighting
- DuBiotech to set up first Halal safety lab
- Jotun to supply coatings for Makkah Station
- Raytheon wins $655m Kuwait Patriot deal