UAE to host global PR congress
Dubai, October 2, 2011
The UAE will host the 20th Public Relations World Congress of the International Public Relations Association (IPRA), the world’s most influential professional association for senior international public relations executives.
Slated to be an intense brainstorming session covering all aspects of the public relations industry, the 2012 edition of the congress will be held in Dubai from February 29 to March 2, 2012.
The bid for the UAE to host this prestigious event was led by the IPRA-Gulf Chapter, which had recently hosted the second annual International Public Relations Conference in Abu Dhabi.
The last edition of the Public Relations World Congress was held in 2010 in Lima, Peru, and attended by industry representatives from 39 countries, while the 2008 Public Relations World Congress was held in Beijing, China.
In both instances, the event brought significant media and industry attention to the host country with the world’s foremost communications professionals and media experts attending the sessions.
“UAE’s hosting of the Public Relations World Congress 2012 has the resounding support of IPRA,” said Richard Linning, IPRA President 2011.
“It not only marks the growing importance of Public Relations in the Middle East region and the evolution of local PR practice and practitioners, but also underlines the UAE’s ability to host truly global events.”
Faisal Al Zahrani, president of IPRA-GC said: “We are delighted that IPRA has selected the UAE as a host country for the Public Relations World Congress 2012.”
“This is the first time that this event will be held in the Middle East and marks the evolution of the region as a key player in the PR industry internationally. The Congress will establish Dubai as the PR capital of the Middle East, bringing the finest minds in communications to the city,” he added.
Sunil John, chief executive officer of ASDA’A Burson-Marsteller, member of the global governing board of IPRA and vice president for Educational Programmes of IPRA-GC, has been appointed as chairman of the organising committee of the 20th Public Relations World Congress in Dubai.
The congress will witness several prominent keynote speakers addressing a variety of topics that will help government representatives, corporate entities, educators, the media and PR professionals gain a better understanding on the shifts in the sector including the impact and reach of social media. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Mother recounts vice den ordeal in Bahrain
- More companies 'getting into CSR activities'
- Middle East grain import bills could rise
- New Emirati themed restaurant opens
- 4 UAE companies in race for agri innovation awards
- Stage set for Bahrain Animal Production Show
- Amphibious boats make global debut in Dubai
- Dubai chamber F&B group sets roadmap for 2014
- Feminisation drive costs $213m to Saudi firms
- US interiors firm opens MEA base in Dubai
- Saudi 'spends $1.6bn on energy drinks'
- Farmer is jailed for raping housemaid in Bahrain
- Bahraini mother recounts firebombs agony
- Guard foils masked ATM robbers in Bahrain
- Bahraini on Arab world's 'most powerful women' list
- Latest kitchen technology at Sharjah event
- Number of HNWIs in Africa to double by 2023
- World boxing legend to visit Bahrain
- UAE road accidents decline by 23.5pc
- Top businesswomen in Bahrain honoured
- Death penalty sought for Bahrain terrorists
- Girl, 9, dies after fall from 8th floor in Abu Dhabi
- Lebanese café brand opens Dubai outlet
- Bahrain poultry firm told to step up safety
- Customer dies in Bahrain cafe brawl
- Bahraini boys hurt while planting bombs
- Philips, Ericsson launch LED street lighting
- DuBiotech to set up first Halal safety lab
- Jotun to supply coatings for Makkah Station
- Raytheon wins $655m Kuwait Patriot deal