Diyar volunteers visit home for elderly
Muharraq, October 3, 2011
Volunteers from Diyar Al Muharraq visited the Bahrain Parents Care Home in Muharraq, to show their support and concern for senior citizens on October 1, celebrated internationally as the Day for the Elderly.
The volunteers spent the day with the residents, listening to old traditional stories, engaging in conversation and building up a rapport with them. The company also sponsored a grand lunch for the residents as a further gesture of empathy and support.
Earlier this year, Diyar Al Muharraq had announced support towards the home by sponsoring the home’s activities for the year. This sponsorship followed the handover of a bus in 2010 enabling the efficient transportation of staff and residents.
Aaref Hejres, CEO of Diyar Al Muharraq, said: “Having actively participated in the care of the residents of Bahrain Parents Care Home in the last two years, we are proud to be a part of their lives on this very special day meant to honour senior citizens. Diyar Al Muharraq has felt it an important part of its CSR to consider the needs of the elderly who may require professional assistance.”
“The home has provided exemplary service for all those who live there and we are always happy to support their efforts. It is indeed satisfying to see how self-esteem and general contentment improve for the residents when we take the time to pay special attention or look into seemingly small, but very real needs. Spending quality time, listening and sympathising can be hugely contributing factors in their ongoing psychological well-being and quality of life,” he added.
The Bahrain Parents Care Home is a charitable organisation for the elderly with a membership of over 140 people. It offers geriatric citizens the opportunity to participate in social activities, talks and meaningful pursuits that consider and counter the physical and mental health problems that come up during old age. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Mother recounts vice den ordeal in Bahrain
- More companies 'getting into CSR activities'
- Middle East grain import bills could rise
- New Emirati themed restaurant opens
- 4 UAE companies in race for agri innovation awards
- Stage set for Bahrain Animal Production Show
- Amphibious boats make global debut in Dubai
- Dubai chamber F&B group sets roadmap for 2014
- Feminisation drive costs $213m to Saudi firms
- US interiors firm opens MEA base in Dubai
- Saudi 'spends $1.6bn on energy drinks'
- Farmer is jailed for raping housemaid in Bahrain
- Bahraini mother recounts firebombs agony
- Guard foils masked ATM robbers in Bahrain
- Bahraini on Arab world's 'most powerful women' list
- Latest kitchen technology at Sharjah event
- Number of HNWIs in Africa to double by 2023
- World boxing legend to visit Bahrain
- UAE road accidents decline by 23.5pc
- Top businesswomen in Bahrain honoured
- Death penalty sought for Bahrain terrorists
- Girl, 9, dies after fall from 8th floor in Abu Dhabi
- Lebanese café brand opens Dubai outlet
- Bahrain poultry firm told to step up safety
- Customer dies in Bahrain cafe brawl
- Bahraini boys hurt while planting bombs
- Philips, Ericsson launch LED street lighting
- DuBiotech to set up first Halal safety lab
- Jotun to supply coatings for Makkah Station
- Raytheon wins $655m Kuwait Patriot deal