Cartoon Network Arabic launches 3D series
Dubai, October 9, 2011
Cartoon Network Arabic has launched its award winning cartoon series,'The Amazing World of Gumball,' that combines 2D and 3D animation in a live-action setting.
The 'Amazing World of Gumball,' being broadcast in the Middle East region, follows the misadventures of twelve-year-old Gumball and his unconventional family in the weird and wonderful town of Elmore.
Featuring a stellar cast of characters, Gumball’s school friends include a tyrannosaurus rex, a cheerleading peanut, and a banana, said the leading free-to-air channel from the Time Warner Group.
The series arrives fresh after scooping a prestigious ‘Cristal Award’ for Best Television Production at this year’s Annecy International Animation Film Festival, it added.
Creator Ben Bocquelet based Gumball on the archetypal family sitcom, replacing normal human characters with nonsensical creatures.
“I wanted to treat the show like a sitcom and use the funny aspect of the characters and the freedom of animation to expand the humour and the stories into places that wouldn't be possible in live action,” he explained.
Shows such as Freej, which are centered on families and communities, are very popular across the region and ‘The Amazing World of Gumball’ in Arabic will help grow this genre and provide entertainment to Cartoon Network Arabic viewers.
“Gumball is a truly unique and visually ground-breaking series. The themes, humour and characters have broad appeal appreciated by both kids and adults alike,” said Alan Musa, general manager and VP, Africa, Middle East and Pan Region, Turner Broadcasting.
“Winning the Cristal Award is an incredible accolade and a very proud moment for Cartoon Network Europe and our production partners, Dandelion Productions, Boulder Media, and Studio Soi, who all worked tirelessly to make The Amazing World of Gumball the outstanding show it is,” he added.
Launched in October 2010, Cartoon Network Arabic delivers a wide range of international and locally-produced kid’s entertainment with hit shows including: Ben 10, Powerpuff Girls, Dexter's Laboratory, Samurai Jack, Ben and Izzy, Freej and Fosters Home for Imaginary Friends.-TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Girl, 9, dies after fall from 8th floor in Abu Dhabi
- Lebanese café brand opens Dubai outlet
- Bahrain poultry firm told to step up safety
- Customer dies in Bahrain cafe brawl
- Bahraini boys hurt while planting bombs
- Philips, Ericsson launch LED street lighting
- DuBiotech to set up first Halal safety lab
- Jotun to supply coatings for Makkah Station
- Raytheon wins $655m Kuwait Patriot deal
- Alwaleed Foundation lights up 3 Saudi villages
- Poultry farms strike may trigger shortages in Bahrain
- Oman seals Victoria food security pact
- Saudi woman, 80, donates $133m to charity
- New Saudi clamp on energy drinks
- Outrage follows Bahrain killer bomb
- Improvised explosive device used in Bahrain attack
- 3 policemen killed in Bahrain blast
- Dammam-Al Ahsa train service starts
- Egypt wheat supplies enough to last until June
- Expat killed at Saudi workers' holding facility
- 80 global speakers for Doha summit on family
- Restaurant runs up $47,555 phone bill in 4 days
- NZ minister to visit Gulf states
- Public-private tie-ups ‘vital for agri growth’
- China firm wins solar power project in Amman
- 15,000 attend Bahrain garden show
- Omani firms shine at top food expo
- Bahrain to set up national food company
- Dozens hurt in gas leak at plant near Doha
- Twelve dead in Qatar restaurant gas explosion