BFH backs waste management forum
Manama, October 10, 2011
Bahrain Financial Harbour Holding Company has signed on as the gold sponsor of the First Bahrain Waste Management Forum and Exhibition to be held in Bahrain next month.
The event is organised by Bahrain Polytechnic and will be held under the patronage of Municipal and Urban Planning Affairs Minister Dr Juma Al Ka'abi along the theme Towards Zero Waste on November 14 and 15.
BFH managing director Dr Omar Al Mardi said the safety and protection of natural resources for future generations and the community was a priority.
Meanwhile, forum chairman and Polytechnic professional development centre director Nisbet Smith said next month's event highlighted a crucial topic.
"The event will provide proven and reliable theories, the latest trends covering various environmental management practices and provide practical solutions and cutting-edge technologies that will empower us to better manage waste materials within and beyond Bahrain," he said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Bahrain seizes $7.2m drugs in boat raids
- UAE pulls out of $9.8bn Eurofighter deal
- Saudi's inaugural food expo 'a big hit'
- One million Gazans in need of food aid says UN
- US burger chain to open outlets in Saudi
- $350,000 raised at Dubai charity event
- 2013 deadliest for desperate migrants, says report
- Bahrain sees 25pc drop in fires
- 4,500 to exhibit at Dubai food show
- Northrop Grumman names new Saudi head