Bahrain discusses solar energy project
Manama, October 11, 2011
Energy Minister Dr Abdulhussain Mirza received Caspian Energy Consulting president Dr Rob Sobhani and discussed co-operation in generating solar energy at Awali in co-operation with the US Petra Solar company.
The project is part of plans to promote clean renewable sources of energy and rationalise consumption.
The National Oil and Gas Authority has set up a team including representatives from the Economic Development Board, the Electricity and Water Authority, Bapco, the Finance Ministry and Bahrain University.
It was commissioned to conduct a feasibility study into generating electricity using Bapco-run buildings in Awali.-TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Gulf Air backs UN 'MY World' survey
- South Korean group in $1.1bn Iraq jet deal
- Northrop Grumman inks Saudi training deal
- RJ, Jordan Society sign strategic deal
- 125 exhibitors for Sharjah halal expo
- SRB to oversee UK firm’s shari’a compliance drive
- SMEs conference opens in Bahrain
- Nasa finds evidence of freshwater lake in Mars
- Diamond to launch UK café brand in UAE
- Mideast super-rich's wealth surges to $354bn