Top author for Doha investment forum
Doha, October 12, 2011
QInvest, a leading Qatar-based investment bank, said that Nassim Taleb, the top-selling author of The Black Swan, will participate in its upcoming global investment forum in Doha.
The third annual Qatar Global Investment Forum (QGIF 2011) will take place on November 16 at the Four Seasons Hotel.
Nassim Taleb is considered the premier specialist of rare events and has advised heads of states, top financial institutions, and various central banks on tail risks. He is the author of Fooled by Randomness, The Black Swan, and The Bed of Procrustes: Philosophical & Practical Aphorisms, which have been translated into over 32 languages.
“I am delighted to announce the participation of Nassim Taleb as a key note speaker. His background and wealth of experience brings an invaluable perspective to our forum,” said Shahzad Shahbaz, CEO of QInvest.
“Taleb, other distinguished speakers and panelists will lead discussions on a stimulating agenda which should provide good perspective and insights on key issues,” he added.
QGIF 2011, organised by Institutional Investor Conferences and Lead Sponsored by Qatar Financial Centre, will build on the success of last year’s event by focusing on investment opportunities and risks in Qatar, GCC and the major growth economies surrounding the region.
It will bring together senior leaders from Qatar, top tier sovereign wealth funds, global asset managers and leading regional institutions and corporates to provide both regional and international perspectives. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Middle East grain import bills could rise
- New Emirati themed restaurant opens
- 4 UAE companies in race for agri innovation awards
- Stage set for Bahrain Animal Production Show
- Amphibious boats make global debut in Dubai
- Dubai chamber F&B group sets roadmap for 2014
- Feminisation drive costs $213m to Saudi firms
- US interiors firm opens MEA base in Dubai
- Saudi 'spends $1.6bn on energy drinks'
- Farmer is jailed for raping housemaid in Bahrain
- Bahraini mother recounts firebombs agony
- Guard foils masked ATM robbers in Bahrain
- Bahraini on Arab world's 'most powerful women' list
- Latest kitchen technology at Sharjah event
- Number of HNWIs in Africa to double by 2023
- World boxing legend to visit Bahrain
- UAE road accidents decline by 23.5pc
- Top businesswomen in Bahrain honoured
- Death penalty sought for Bahrain terrorists
- Girl, 9, dies after fall from 8th floor in Abu Dhabi
- Lebanese café brand opens Dubai outlet
- Bahrain poultry firm told to step up safety
- Customer dies in Bahrain cafe brawl
- Bahraini boys hurt while planting bombs
- Philips, Ericsson launch LED street lighting
- DuBiotech to set up first Halal safety lab
- Jotun to supply coatings for Makkah Station
- Raytheon wins $655m Kuwait Patriot deal
- Alwaleed Foundation lights up 3 Saudi villages
- Poultry farms strike may trigger shortages in Bahrain