Top author for Doha investment forum
Doha, October 12, 2011
QInvest, a leading Qatar-based investment bank, said that Nassim Taleb, the top-selling author of The Black Swan, will participate in its upcoming global investment forum in Doha.
The third annual Qatar Global Investment Forum (QGIF 2011) will take place on November 16 at the Four Seasons Hotel.
Nassim Taleb is considered the premier specialist of rare events and has advised heads of states, top financial institutions, and various central banks on tail risks. He is the author of Fooled by Randomness, The Black Swan, and The Bed of Procrustes: Philosophical & Practical Aphorisms, which have been translated into over 32 languages.
“I am delighted to announce the participation of Nassim Taleb as a key note speaker. His background and wealth of experience brings an invaluable perspective to our forum,” said Shahzad Shahbaz, CEO of QInvest.
“Taleb, other distinguished speakers and panelists will lead discussions on a stimulating agenda which should provide good perspective and insights on key issues,” he added.
QGIF 2011, organised by Institutional Investor Conferences and Lead Sponsored by Qatar Financial Centre, will build on the success of last year’s event by focusing on investment opportunities and risks in Qatar, GCC and the major growth economies surrounding the region.
It will bring together senior leaders from Qatar, top tier sovereign wealth funds, global asset managers and leading regional institutions and corporates to provide both regional and international perspectives. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- US burger chain to open outlets in Saudi
- $350,000 raised at Dubai charity event
- 2013 deadliest for desperate migrants, says report
- Bahrain sees 25pc drop in fires
- 4,500 to exhibit at Dubai food show
- Northrop Grumman names new Saudi head
- 1,500 delegates at Ajman networking event
- Iran buys Indian raw sugar in rare deals
- US, Chinese warships narrowly avoid collision
- Gulf Air backs UN 'MY World' survey