'Millions of Milkshakes' opens in Dubai
Dubai, October 15, 2011
Reality TV star, socialite and model Kim Kardashian on Friday opened the famous US brand, ‘Millions of Milkshakes’ in Dubai in partnership with Emirates Hospitality Group.
The 'Millions of Milkshakes' store at at The Dubai Mall is the first international franchise of the milkshake bar outside the US.
Kim joined her mother Kris Jenner to recreate their signature Millions of Milkshakes shakes at the grand opening ceremony on Friday.
Kim’s shake features healthier options, Strawberries, Bananas and Pineapple shake with Rainbow sprinkles; while mom Kris’ shake is Ferrero-Rocher chocolate, vanilla ice-cream and caramel-based.
Earleir speaking at a press conference at the Atlantis, The Palm in Dubai, Kim said she was “so happy to be in Dubai, with my Mom to launch my new shake.'
'I’m very health-conscious, so I’ve chosen a fruity and nutritious drink that I hope my fans enjoy. My family and I love to visit Millions of Milkshakes in LA, and I am certain that the people of UAE will love Millions of Milkshakes experience too,' she remarked.
Sharing details of her Armenian heritage, Kim said she couldn't hide her enthusiasm for Middle East and all things Arabic. 'I love Arabic food,” said Kim, 'and Arabic music.'
'I mean, I’m half Armenian, so I love Middle Eastern food. I’m curious to see what the food will be like. I’m hoping to be able to learn about the fashion. I’d love to take some of their influence back with me, I mean I have my own Kardashian collection clothing line so I would love fashion from another place to inspire me,' she noted.
Commenting on their visit, Kris said, 'Kim and I have always wanted to see the Middle East. We had heard so much about Dubai, and we are absolutely thrilled to be here. Kim and I have been blown away by the warm welcome from the people of the UAE.'
ldaba Saif Al Darmaki, chairman of Emirates Hospitality, said: “I can confirm that we are already looking into future UAE and Gulf locations for the next Millions of Milkshakes outlet”.-TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Stage set for Bahrain Animal Production Show
- Dubai chamber F&B group sets roadmap for 2014
- Feminisation drive costs $213m to Saudi firms
- US interiors firm opens MEA base in Dubai
- Saudi 'spends $1.6bn on energy drinks'
- Farmer is jailed for raping housemaid in Bahrain
- Bahraini mother recounts firebombs agony
- Guard foils masked ATM robbers in Bahrain
- Bahraini on Arab world's 'most powerful women' list
- Latest kitchen technology at Sharjah event
- Number of HNWIs in Africa to double by 2023
- World boxing legend to visit Bahrain
- UAE road accidents decline by 23.5pc
- Top businesswomen in Bahrain honoured
- Death penalty sought for Bahrain terrorists
- Girl, 9, dies after fall from 8th floor in Abu Dhabi
- Lebanese café brand opens Dubai outlet
- Bahrain poultry firm told to step up safety
- Customer dies in Bahrain cafe brawl
- Bahraini boys hurt while planting bombs
- Philips, Ericsson launch LED street lighting
- DuBiotech to set up first Halal safety lab
- Jotun to supply coatings for Makkah Station
- Raytheon wins $655m Kuwait Patriot deal
- Alwaleed Foundation lights up 3 Saudi villages
- Poultry farms strike may trigger shortages in Bahrain
- Oman seals Victoria food security pact
- Saudi woman, 80, donates $133m to charity
- New Saudi clamp on energy drinks
- Outrage follows Bahrain killer bomb