Al Hilal team lauds GOP award
Manama, October 20, 2011
Bahrain General Organisation of Sea Ports (GOP) chairman Shaikh Daij bin Salman Al Khalifa yesterday welcomed a senior delegation from Al Hilal Group at the GOP headquarters in Hidd.
Al Hilal Group managing director Ronnie Middleton congratulated Shaikh Daij on receiving the prestigious Seatrade Free Zone Authority Award against such strong competition.
The Bahrain Logistics Zone (BLZ) received the award as an innovative customs-free logistics zone offering world-class integrated services and facilities for import, export and re-export as well as attracting regional and international companies to base commercial activities in Bahrain.
One of three top finalists, BLZ won against Freezone Sohar and Jebel Ali Free Zone.
'We are proud of this important maritime award that recognised BLZ for its high-quality logistics operations. GOP is looking to build on such successes in terms of improving our performance, turnaround capabilities, cost-efficiencies, safety standards and reliability as a global maritime and logistics centre,' Shaikh Daij said.
The Al Hilal delegation also discussed ways of strengthening relations with GOP through media, exhibitions and event management to highlight the fast-paced development of Bahrain's maritime infrastructure and assets, including Khalifa Bin Salman Port, BLZ and ship repair at Asry.-TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Diamond to launch UK café brand in UAE
- Mideast super-rich's wealth surges to $354bn
- Focus on anti-trafficking co-operation
- 300 brands on show at Saudi Foodex
- Bridge project at US base to be ready soon
- DuPont in sustainability goals success
- Abu Dhabi Police, Royal Jet ink agreement
- Jotun opens warehouse in Dammam
- RAK Ceramics deploys top SAP software
- GCAA warns on helium balloon dangers