Abu Dhabi GP trophies unveiled
Abu Dhabi, October 26, 2011
The trophies for the forthcoming 2011 Formula 1 Etihad Airways Abu Dhabi Grand Prix have been unveiled.
The trophies, made by leading silversmith and trophy maker, Richard Fox, are handcrafted in solid silver and represent the sails of a dhow on the Arabian Sea, a statement said.
James Hogan, Etihad Airways’ CEO, and Richard Cregan, CEO of Yas Marina Circuit, unveiled the trophies.
“As the title sponsor of the 2011 F1 Etihad Airways Abu Dhabi GP, we have the honour of supplying the winners' trophies," said Hogan. "These priceless items reflect the brand values of Etihad and our homebase, Abu Dhabi. We look forward to welcoming the tens of thousands of F1 fans who will use our extensive network over the next few weeks.”
"Formula 1 drivers are ultra-competitive," Cregan said. "Come race day on November 13, every one of them will want to celebrate an outstanding victory by holding this beautiful winner's trophy."
There will be a total of four trophies - Winner Driver, Second Place Driver, Third Place Driver, and Winning Constructor, the statement said.
A limited number of tickets for the 2011 Formula 1TM Etihad Airways Abu Dhabi Grand Prix are still available and can be purchased from various outlets. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- UAE food expo nets $544m deals
- Bleak outlook for WTO deal as rift widens
- Cargill picks top ME banker for Asia role
- Raytheon sees $5bn Mideast orders in 'weeks'
- Civil servants may get 20pc pay increase
- Bikers Cafe launched in Fujairah
- N Irish seafood firms eye Mideast market
- UAE experts warn of rising child abuse
- German pump specialist boosts ME presence
- Almaymanah signs franchise with Austria firm