Bahrain airshow set to take off
Sakhir, November 3, 2011
Only one corporate chalet remains unsold for the second Bahrain International Airshow (BIAS) at the Sakhir Airbase in January, co-organiser Farnborough International Limted (FIL) has revealed.
FIL and Bahrain's Civil Aviation Affairs (CAA) are continuing preparations for the corporate and public event, which will also now include a gala dinner.
'We now have only one chalet available for BIAS 2012,' said FIL events and exhibitions director Amanda Stainer.
'The demand from industry for opportunities to participate in the show has been very high, as expected following such a successful launch event in 2010. There are still opportunities to take part in the show in terms of sponsorship and corporate hospitality and I would urge interested parties to contact us as soon as possible,' she said.
Industry leaders Airbus, Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Cessna, Bombardier, GE and Sikorsky, BAE Systems and Bell Helicopter, have all signed up to take part in this year's show, which takes place under the patronage of His Majesty King Hamad from January 19 to 21.
Ministers, foreign diplomats, industry leaders and members of the public were among the thousands to flock to the purpose-built Sakhir facility for the first show in January last year.
Some $1 billion (BD378 million) worth of orders were placed with participating companies. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- $350,000 raised at Dubai charity event
- 2013 deadliest for desperate migrants, says report
- Bahrain sees 25pc drop in fires
- 4,500 to exhibit at Dubai food show
- Northrop Grumman names new Saudi head
- 1,500 delegates at Ajman networking event
- Iran buys Indian raw sugar in rare deals
- US, Chinese warships narrowly avoid collision
- Gulf Air backs UN 'MY World' survey
- South Korean group in $1.1bn Iraq jet deal