Ithmaar supports waste management
Manama, November 14, 2011
Ithmaar Bank, a Bahrain-based, retail-focused Islamic bank, extended its financial support for the First Bahrain Waste Management Forum and Exhibition that started today (November 14).
The two day event, which is being held under the patronage of the Minister of Municipalities and Urban Planning, Dr Juma Al Ka’abi, is being hosted by Bahrain Polytechnic at the Gulf Hotel’s Gulf Convention Centre under the theme “Towards Zero Waste”, a statement from the bank said.
Ithmaar’s support, as a gold sponsor, was presented to the forum chairman and Bahrain Polytechnic Professional Development Centre Director, Nisbet Smith, by its executive general manager, Juma Abull.
“Having played a pioneering role in the introduction and subsequent development of Islamic banking and finance in the region, Ithmaar Bank recognises the important role it must play in supporting the community in which it operates,” said Abull.
“In particular, we have also long recognised the importance of working towards protecting the environment, a core philosophy behind Islamic banking,” he said.
“We are pleased to able to support this important event, particularly as it is driven by the Economic Vision 2030 for Bahrain,” he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Bahrain seizes $7.2m drugs in boat raids
- UAE pulls out of $9.8bn Eurofighter deal
- Saudi's inaugural food expo 'a big hit'
- One million Gazans in need of food aid says UN
- US burger chain to open outlets in Saudi
- $350,000 raised at Dubai charity event
- 2013 deadliest for desperate migrants, says report
- Bahrain sees 25pc drop in fires
- 4,500 to exhibit at Dubai food show
- Northrop Grumman names new Saudi head