Ithmaar supports waste management
Manama, November 14, 2011
Ithmaar Bank, a Bahrain-based, retail-focused Islamic bank, extended its financial support for the First Bahrain Waste Management Forum and Exhibition that started today (November 14).
The two day event, which is being held under the patronage of the Minister of Municipalities and Urban Planning, Dr Juma Al Ka’abi, is being hosted by Bahrain Polytechnic at the Gulf Hotel’s Gulf Convention Centre under the theme “Towards Zero Waste”, a statement from the bank said.
Ithmaar’s support, as a gold sponsor, was presented to the forum chairman and Bahrain Polytechnic Professional Development Centre Director, Nisbet Smith, by its executive general manager, Juma Abull.
“Having played a pioneering role in the introduction and subsequent development of Islamic banking and finance in the region, Ithmaar Bank recognises the important role it must play in supporting the community in which it operates,” said Abull.
“In particular, we have also long recognised the importance of working towards protecting the environment, a core philosophy behind Islamic banking,” he said.
“We are pleased to able to support this important event, particularly as it is driven by the Economic Vision 2030 for Bahrain,” he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Abu Dhabi chosen for incentive by Openwork
- Talabat online deliveries hit record 3m
- Bahrain’s food usage rate to top CAGR of 2pc
- Jotun launches coatings for home products
- Home security sales surging in Bahrain
- Gulf naval drill highlights mine risk to shipping
- Panasonic donates solar lights to kenya village
- UAE designer hosts fashion show in Bahrain
- Emirates inks PSG shirt sponsorship deal
- UAE’s coffee champ eyes World Barista trophy