Bahrain terror cell targets 'included key officials'
Manama, November 15, 2011
A terror cell that allegedly targeted key locations in Bahrain was also planning attacks on diplomats, ministers and top TV personalities, government sources said yesterday.
They confirmed a list of potential targets, including Bahrain Television presenters Sawsan Al Shaer, Faisal Shaikh and Saeed Al Hamad.
Two alleged masterminds of the terror cell, which allegedly had links to Iran’s Revolutionary Guard and Basij militia, have been named by Bahrain’s Public Prosecution as Abdulraouf Al Shayeb and Ali Mushaima.
However, they are both believed to be in the UK and Iran has since denied having links to the group.
Five suspects are currently in Bahraini custody after allegedly confessing to planning attacks on the Interior Ministry headquarters, the Saudi Embassy, the King Fahad Causeway and other sensitive locations, which have not yet been officially identified. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- UK denies role in Bahrain’s security action
- Wadi makes splash in booming MICE market
- Alba donates aid to Bahrain’s elderly
- Ethiopia, Egypt tone down talk of war over Nile dam
- Tougher food marketing needed to cut obesity: WHO
- Playnation to host Hip Hop contest
- Bahrain alerts on waste food during Ramadan
- BAS wins hospital catering contract
- Metito announces big global expansion, mulls IPO
- Saudi AAGH group tops Forbes ranking