General Dynamics wins Egypt tanks deal
New York, November 21, 2011
The US Tacom Lifecycle Management Command (LCMC) has awarded General Dynamics Land Systems, a business unit of General Dynamics, a $395 million contract for work under the Egyptian tank co- production program.
The contract funds the production of 125 M1A1 Abrams tank kits for the eleventh increment of the Egyptian co-production program.
Since 1992, General Dynamics has provided components for kits used in the co-production program.
The parts are shipped to a production facility near Cairo, where the tanks are manufactured for the Egyptian Land Forces. This latest increment will increase the number of Egyptian co-production-built tanks to 1,130.
Work on the components will be done in Anniston, Alabama; Tallahassee, Florida; Sterling Heights, Michigan; Lima, Ohio; and Scranton, Pennsylvania, by existing General Dynamics’ employees. Deliveries will begin in July 2013 and continue until January 2016. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Jotun launches coatings for home products
- Home security sales surging in Bahrain
- Gulf naval drill highlights mine risk to shipping
- Panasonic donates solar lights to kenya village
- UAE designer hosts fashion show in Bahrain
- Emirates inks PSG shirt sponsorship deal
- UAE’s coffee champ eyes World Barista trophy
- Sanjeev Kapoor captivates Treat visitors
- Sudan firm to export animal feed to Gulf
- Arrest of Saudi with pressure cooker 'overzealous'