Bahrain medical documentary awarded
Manama, November 22, 2011
A film promoting a Bahrain medical centre put together by the bCentral agency on behalf of the German Orthopaedic Hospital, has scooped two international awards.
The film which documents one patient's treatment, from his arrival to discharge, landed the Platinum MarCom Award, administered and judged by the Association of Marketing and Communication Professionals (AMCP) in Arlington, Texas, US, and won Best Film in the medical category of the International Communications Media Competition (Intercom) awards in Chicago.
'This is fantastic news as we are the first Bahraini agency to win these awards from MarCom and Intercom,' said bCentral Bahrain managing director, Karolline Immanuel. 'We are a fairly new agency and this was our first corporate film and it has won international acclaim.'
'We especially flew in an extremely talented director for this project from Bollywood, Vikram Gupta, who has worked on feature films, international award-winning short films and corporate TVC's and AV's,' she added.
German Orthopaedic Hospital founder and medical surgeon head, Dr Heinz Roettinger said: 'We are proud of the media campaigns bCentral has created for us and these awards make us even more proud of our partnership with them.'
The MarCom Awards are open to any individual or company around the world and attracted over 6,000 entries from the US and Canada.
Intercom was founded in 1964 and is one of the longest-running international competitions of its kind. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- World boxing legend to visit Bahrain
- UAE road accidents decline by 23.5pc
- Top businesswomen in Bahrain honoured
- Death penalty sought for Bahrain terrorists
- Girl, 9, dies after fall from 8th floor in Abu Dhabi
- Lebanese café brand opens Dubai outlet
- Bahrain poultry firm told to step up safety
- Customer dies in Bahrain cafe brawl
- Bahraini boys hurt while planting bombs
- Philips, Ericsson launch LED street lighting
- DuBiotech to set up first Halal safety lab
- Jotun to supply coatings for Makkah Station
- Raytheon wins $655m Kuwait Patriot deal
- Alwaleed Foundation lights up 3 Saudi villages
- Poultry farms strike may trigger shortages in Bahrain
- Oman seals Victoria food security pact
- Saudi woman, 80, donates $133m to charity
- New Saudi clamp on energy drinks
- Outrage follows Bahrain killer bomb
- Improvised explosive device used in Bahrain attack
- 3 policemen killed in Bahrain blast
- Dammam-Al Ahsa train service starts
- Egypt wheat supplies enough to last until June
- Expat killed at Saudi workers' holding facility
- 80 global speakers for Doha summit on family
- Restaurant runs up $47,555 phone bill in 4 days
- NZ minister to visit Gulf states
- Public-private tie-ups ‘vital for agri growth’
- China firm wins solar power project in Amman
- 15,000 attend Bahrain garden show