Bahrain medical documentary awarded
Manama, November 22, 2011
A film promoting a Bahrain medical centre put together by the bCentral agency on behalf of the German Orthopaedic Hospital, has scooped two international awards.
The film which documents one patient's treatment, from his arrival to discharge, landed the Platinum MarCom Award, administered and judged by the Association of Marketing and Communication Professionals (AMCP) in Arlington, Texas, US, and won Best Film in the medical category of the International Communications Media Competition (Intercom) awards in Chicago.
'This is fantastic news as we are the first Bahraini agency to win these awards from MarCom and Intercom,' said bCentral Bahrain managing director, Karolline Immanuel. 'We are a fairly new agency and this was our first corporate film and it has won international acclaim.'
'We especially flew in an extremely talented director for this project from Bollywood, Vikram Gupta, who has worked on feature films, international award-winning short films and corporate TVC's and AV's,' she added.
German Orthopaedic Hospital founder and medical surgeon head, Dr Heinz Roettinger said: 'We are proud of the media campaigns bCentral has created for us and these awards make us even more proud of our partnership with them.'
The MarCom Awards are open to any individual or company around the world and attracted over 6,000 entries from the US and Canada.
Intercom was founded in 1964 and is one of the longest-running international competitions of its kind. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- US burger chain to open outlets in Saudi
- $350,000 raised at Dubai charity event
- 2013 deadliest for desperate migrants, says report
- Bahrain sees 25pc drop in fires
- 4,500 to exhibit at Dubai food show
- Northrop Grumman names new Saudi head
- 1,500 delegates at Ajman networking event
- Iran buys Indian raw sugar in rare deals
- US, Chinese warships narrowly avoid collision
- Gulf Air backs UN 'MY World' survey