Al Ain vitamin milk wins SIAL award
Abu Dhabi, November 23, 2011
Al Ain Dairy Food Company has won the debut SIAL Innovation Award, for its cardamom-flavoured vitamin A and D enriched milk.
The award was presented to the UAE-based company at a special gala dinner during the food exhibition SIAL Middle East.
The winning product was on display alongside its shortlisted competitors and 50 of the most innovative food products from around the world at the exhibition’s Trends and Innovation Observatory.
Sixteen food and beverage products were shortlisted for the award by a jury of independent food professionals, chaired by Xavier Terlet, CEO of the global food industry consultants, XTC World Innovation. Six of those products are manufactured in the UAE.
They were selected against specific food attributes that included health aspects, taste, ethics, convenience and appearance, as well as the level of innovation involved in developing the product, including the manufacturing process and ingredients.
“I am very impressed by the quality of the innovative products presented at SIAL Middle East this year and it was extremely difficult to select the winner,” said Terlet.
'All the products selected are an interesting answer to increasingly popular consumer trends and needs. In the end, Al Ain’s cardamom flavoured milk satisfy these needs the best.'
The SIAL ME Innovation Award Finalists included:
*Brun Banana (UAE) - 100 per cent natural whole dry banana
*Al Ain Dairy (UAE)- Cardamom flavored Milk
*Dubai Cola Company (UAE)- Cola flavoured carbonated drink
*Guzelpinar Kaynak Sulari (Turkey)- Drink with tamarind essence
*Smart Drinks BVI (Germany)-Halal Cola (carbonated drink)
*Market Solutions Group (UAE)-Landi Organic baby food and winter squash flavour *Midamar (USA)-Midamar Halal Beef Breakfast Strips and air-chilled halal chicken
*Muratbey (Turkey)-Muratbey Naturena Herban (Finger cheese with seasoning)
*Orient Drink SPRL (Belgium)- Night Orient (alcohol-free wine)
*All Needs General Trading (UAE)-Nonion Fried Onions (100pc natural fried onions)
*Agthia (UAE)- Wow Flavoured Mineral Water-(Vitamin-enhanced flavoured drink)*Sayin Kimya (Turkey)-Reniet Seasoned (Olive oil with natural liquid seasoning);Reniet Seasoned Bulgur and Pasta / Thyme.
Terlet said,“We are noticing an increase of healthy products that are more natural and well balanced, but at the same time convenient, and that still bring pleasure to the consumer.'
According to him, the Middle East manufacturers in particular are showing how they can add value to products that can be exported to American, European and Asian markets.
'The SIAL Middle East Innovation Award constitutes a fantastic showpiece to be noticed by an international audience,' he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- UAE road accidents decline by 23.5pc
- Top businesswomen in Bahrain honoured
- Death penalty sought for Bahrain terrorists
- Girl, 9, dies after fall from 8th floor in Abu Dhabi
- Lebanese café brand opens Dubai outlet
- Bahrain poultry firm told to step up safety
- Customer dies in Bahrain cafe brawl
- Bahraini boys hurt while planting bombs
- Philips, Ericsson launch LED street lighting
- DuBiotech to set up first Halal safety lab
- Jotun to supply coatings for Makkah Station
- Raytheon wins $655m Kuwait Patriot deal
- Alwaleed Foundation lights up 3 Saudi villages
- Poultry farms strike may trigger shortages in Bahrain
- Oman seals Victoria food security pact
- Saudi woman, 80, donates $133m to charity
- New Saudi clamp on energy drinks
- Outrage follows Bahrain killer bomb
- Improvised explosive device used in Bahrain attack
- 3 policemen killed in Bahrain blast
- Dammam-Al Ahsa train service starts
- Egypt wheat supplies enough to last until June
- Expat killed at Saudi workers' holding facility
- 80 global speakers for Doha summit on family
- Restaurant runs up $47,555 phone bill in 4 days
- NZ minister to visit Gulf states
- Public-private tie-ups ‘vital for agri growth’
- China firm wins solar power project in Amman
- 15,000 attend Bahrain garden show
- Omani firms shine at top food expo