Disney eyes ME food partnerships
Abu Dhabi, November 23, 2011
Entertainment giant Walt Disney is in the UAE to share its global food strategy of using its name and Disney characters on child-focused products that meet specific nutritional criteria, including limits on calories, fat and sugar.
Already widely popular across Europe and North America, Disney is looking to the Middle East as a major growth market to bring the format, said a top company official on the sidelines of SIAL Middle East expo in Abu Dhabi.
Art De Maesschalck, director of Consumer Products, FH&B, Emerging Markets, Walt Disney Company said: 'The collaboration with SIAL in Europe has helped Disney grow its position as a brand of healthier food products for kids under license. Disney has the same ambition in the Middle East.'
This is Walt Disney's debut show at SIAL ME expo and the company is keen to use the platform to establish partnerships with local manufacturers of healthy kids’ food products.
The company said it was keen to address the growing concern for children’s nutrition.
“The market offers a wealth of opportunities with leading local food companies. Disney’s first participation at SIAL Middle East will support its ambitious expansion with the licensed portfolio of healthier food products for children,” he added.
SIAL Middle East is part of the world’s largest network of professional food events and is the latest exhibition to be launched in the Middle East as a part of the SIAL Group of events.-TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Gulf Air backs UN 'MY World' survey
- South Korean group in $1.1bn Iraq jet deal
- Northrop Grumman inks Saudi training deal
- RJ, Jordan Society sign strategic deal
- 125 exhibitors for Sharjah halal expo
- SRB to oversee UK firm’s shari’a compliance drive
- SMEs conference opens in Bahrain
- Nasa finds evidence of freshwater lake in Mars
- Diamond to launch UK café brand in UAE
- Mideast super-rich's wealth surges to $354bn