Emaar Retail gears up for UAE national day
Dubai, November 26, 2011
Emaar Retail, a premium provider of leisure and retail experiences, is marking the 40th UAE National Day with a roster of innovative activities that mark the four pillars of ‘The Spirit of the Union,’ the theme of this year’s celebrations.
All the five key leisure destinations of Emaar Retail – Dubai Aquarium & Underwater Zoo; KidZania, Dubai Ice Rink, Reel Cinemas and Sega Republic – are hosting varied and colourful activities aimed at promoting the spirit of solidarity and unity that mark the National Day celebrations.
These leisure destinations will also be adorned with UAE national flags and huge drapes in addition to special themed activities.
Arif Amiri, chief executive officer, Emaar Retail, said: "The 40th UAE National Day celebrations this year pay rich tribute to the UAE’s heritage as well as the commendable progress achieved under its leadership."
"The celebrations also mark the cosmopolitan community living in the country, a testament to the welcoming hospitality and open door policy of the nation to create an environment of growth for people from all over the world," he noted.
Flagging off Emaar Retail’s celebrations, Dubai Aquarium & Underwater Zoo will unfurl the UAE national flag - one of the largest ever in an aquarium environment on Sunday. The flag will be displayed through December 2.
To highlight the achievements in environmental conservation, a passion of UAE founder late Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan, Dubai Aquarium will host 40 divers from Dubai Aquarium & Underwater Zoo, Al Boom Diving and Emirates Diving Association (EDA) to unveil a banner in the aquarium applauding UAE’s eco-conservation efforts. The banner will be unveiled on Wednesday, November 30 from 7 to 9pm.
The zoo will also host an assortment of activities including henna painting, face painting, falcon display and a traditional Majlis from December 1 to 3, in additional to traditional sweet distribution to visitors.
The region’s first of its kind children’s edutainment centre, KidZania will celebrate the Spirit of the Union through activities for the little ones.
Apart from being decorated with the national flag colours and the various establishments hosting UAE-themed activities such as talk shows and reporting on the UAE, KidZania will host a jigsaw puzzle game.
In another key activity that highlights the history of the nation, children can participate in a game where they are to arrange old photographs of each of the seven Emirates.
KidZania will also host special Emirati-themed fashion shows. Young visitors can also write a poem or song using the words ‘Dubai,’ ‘40’ and ‘Spirit of the Union,’ and perform them at the Talent Show.
Children will get a sticker ‘I waz there for UAE’s 40th National Day celebrations in KidZania’ and every child visiting the destination on Dec. 2 will get an additional 40 KidZos, the currency of KidZania, said Amiri.
The national flag will be hoisted at the Main Plaza of KidZania accompanied by Al Youla dance performances. In addition to these special activities, various activity establishments will also take part in the the UAE National Day celebrations.
Dubai Ice Rink will also host an array of national day themed activities. At Dubai Ice Rink, a large UAE National Flag will be unfurled and miniflags will be distributed to all visitors.
Sega Republic will set up a ‘Celebration Wall’ where visitors can pin up flags of their nations or design and decorate their own flags, marking the cosmopolitan community living in harmony in the UAE. Other activities include a traditional majlis, henna painting and sweet distribution.
Reel Cinemas, managed by Emaar Retail, will wear a festive look during the UAE National Day celebrations. Children who come dressed up in the national dress or in the colours of the flag will receive special National Day gifts. -TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Mother recounts vice den ordeal in Bahrain
- More companies 'getting into CSR activities'
- Middle East grain import bills could rise
- New Emirati themed restaurant opens
- 4 UAE companies in race for agri innovation awards
- Stage set for Bahrain Animal Production Show
- Amphibious boats make global debut in Dubai
- Dubai chamber F&B group sets roadmap for 2014
- Feminisation drive costs $213m to Saudi firms
- US interiors firm opens MEA base in Dubai
- Saudi 'spends $1.6bn on energy drinks'
- Farmer is jailed for raping housemaid in Bahrain
- Bahraini mother recounts firebombs agony
- Guard foils masked ATM robbers in Bahrain
- Bahraini on Arab world's 'most powerful women' list
- Latest kitchen technology at Sharjah event
- Number of HNWIs in Africa to double by 2023
- World boxing legend to visit Bahrain
- UAE road accidents decline by 23.5pc
- Top businesswomen in Bahrain honoured
- Death penalty sought for Bahrain terrorists
- Girl, 9, dies after fall from 8th floor in Abu Dhabi
- Lebanese café brand opens Dubai outlet
- Bahrain poultry firm told to step up safety
- Customer dies in Bahrain cafe brawl
- Bahraini boys hurt while planting bombs
- Philips, Ericsson launch LED street lighting
- DuBiotech to set up first Halal safety lab
- Jotun to supply coatings for Makkah Station
- Raytheon wins $655m Kuwait Patriot deal