Iraq tenders for 50,000T wheat, 30,000T rice
Baghdad, November 28, 2011
Iraq issued a tender on Monday to buy a minimum of 50,000 tonnes of wheat and 30,000 tonnes of rice from all origins, a spokesman for the Iraqi grain board said.
The closing dates for the rice tender is on Nov. 30, and Dec. 4 for the wheat, spokesman Amer Abdul-Aziz said, and offers must be valid until Dec. 5, and Dec. 8, respectively.
Iraq is one of the world's largest importers of wheat and rice, much of which goes to supply a massive national food ration programme. – Reuters
More Miscellaneous Stories
- BAE Systems falls after UAE halts fighter talks
- GCC to set up 100,000-strong security force
- Bahrain seizes $7.2m drugs in boat raids
- UAE pulls out of $9.8bn Eurofighter deal
- Saudi's inaugural food expo 'a big hit'
- One million Gazans in need of food aid says UN
- US burger chain to open outlets in Saudi
- $350,000 raised at Dubai charity event
- 2013 deadliest for desperate migrants, says report
- Bahrain sees 25pc drop in fires