LG honours UAE gamers
Dubai, November 29, 2011
LG Electronics honored UAE gamers with prizes at its first-ever 3D gaming championship which is currently under way at the Living Rooms video games café in Dubai Festival City.
The championship kicked off in August and the grand finale will be held on January 6, 2012, when the winner will be titled as UAE’s First 3D Gaming Champion.
With competitions being held on a daily, weekly and monthly basis at the Living Rooms, the cafe has seen huge increase in visitors with over 1,125 gamers attending to compete for the coveted trophy, a statement from the company said.
“The gaming culture in Dubai has become very competitive, therefore we’ve seen an overwhelming response to our competition and the opportunity to play on our Cinema 3D Smart technology,” said H S Paik, president of LG Electronics Gulf.
Gamers were given prizes for monthly wins in four games that were Call of Duty: Black Ops, Fifa ’11, Dance Central and Need For Speed Shift, for which 42” Cinema 3D Smart TV, an exclusive trophy and certificate, were given as prizes.
Contestants are whittled down through a series of knock-out stages and only the best progress to the final round next year where four will be crowned UAE 3D gaming champions, the statement said.
The finalists will each get an LG 3D package including a 42" Cinema 3D Smart TV, 3D laptop, Optimus 3D mobile phone, 3D monitor, a state-of-the-art gaming console in addition to a trophy and certificate.
The company also announced the launch of its first media club, a platform that opens channels of communication between LG, and key media opinion leaders, it said.
Registration for the championship is still open to gamers aged 12 and above. Participants can take part only once in any game within the same week. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Mother recounts vice den ordeal in Bahrain
- More companies 'getting into CSR activities'
- Middle East grain import bills could rise
- New Emirati themed restaurant opens
- 4 UAE companies in race for agri innovation awards
- Stage set for Bahrain Animal Production Show
- Amphibious boats make global debut in Dubai
- Dubai chamber F&B group sets roadmap for 2014
- Feminisation drive costs $213m to Saudi firms
- US interiors firm opens MEA base in Dubai
- Saudi 'spends $1.6bn on energy drinks'
- Farmer is jailed for raping housemaid in Bahrain
- Bahraini mother recounts firebombs agony
- Guard foils masked ATM robbers in Bahrain
- Bahraini on Arab world's 'most powerful women' list
- Latest kitchen technology at Sharjah event
- Number of HNWIs in Africa to double by 2023
- World boxing legend to visit Bahrain
- UAE road accidents decline by 23.5pc
- Top businesswomen in Bahrain honoured
- Death penalty sought for Bahrain terrorists
- Girl, 9, dies after fall from 8th floor in Abu Dhabi
- Lebanese café brand opens Dubai outlet
- Bahrain poultry firm told to step up safety
- Customer dies in Bahrain cafe brawl
- Bahraini boys hurt while planting bombs
- Philips, Ericsson launch LED street lighting
- DuBiotech to set up first Halal safety lab
- Jotun to supply coatings for Makkah Station
- Raytheon wins $655m Kuwait Patriot deal