Bahrain’s IAA chief wins top award
Dubai, December 7, 2011
Bahrain’s Information Affairs Authority (IAA) president Shaikh Fawaz bin Mohammed Al Khalifa has received the Gold Medal for Excellence and Quality in the Arab World.
He received the award in recognition of Bahrain News Agency's distinguished efforts in the media field, said a report in our sister publication the Gulf Daily News.
Fourteen personalities and 31 institutions were awarded at a ceremony at the Armani Hotel in the Burj Khalifa, held under the patronage of Dubai Crown Prince Shaikh Hamdan bin Mohammed Al Maktoum.
The awards for excellence and quality have been instituted by the Arab Administrative Development Organisation and Tatweej Academy for Excellence. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- BAE Systems falls after UAE halts fighter talks
- GCC to set up 100,000-strong security force
- Bahrain seizes $7.2m drugs in boat raids
- UAE pulls out of $9.8bn Eurofighter deal
- Saudi's inaugural food expo 'a big hit'
- One million Gazans in need of food aid says UN
- US burger chain to open outlets in Saudi
- $350,000 raised at Dubai charity event
- 2013 deadliest for desperate migrants, says report
- Bahrain sees 25pc drop in fires