Limitless completes 300m walkway
Jebel Ali, December 8, 2011
UAE-based real estate development company, Limitless, has completed the construction of a 300 metre, tree-lined, shaded walkway connecting the Jebel Ali Metro station to The Galleries at Downtown Jebel Ali.
The new path underlines the company’s commitment to encouraging walking and the use of public transport at its developments, and reflects The Galleries’ overall theme of shaded, walkable areas for tenants and residents.
Around a third of the 3,000 people who work within The Galleries’ commercial buildings use the metro for their daily commute. In addition, many corporate tenants notably Siemens, and Arup and Kraft, incentivise and encourage their staff to travel by Metro instead of by car, a statement from the company said.
Bahaa Abouhatab, head of projects for Limitless, said: “Sustainability and green transport are key to our company vision, and our new pathway proves that people, not cars, are our priority at The Galleries. We are confident that its completion will mean more people who work at or visit our flagship development will choose to go by metro.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Kuwaiti touristic website introduced
- Lebanese firm to invest $800m in Sudan
- Interface showcases new collection
- Saudi woman director wins top GFF award
- Bahrain food firms gear up for Ramadan
- Bahrain police recover 800 firebombs
- Raytheon to ink $2.1bn Oman arms deal
- Saudi firm delays Sudan deal over dollar curbs
- Saudi dairy approves $26m dividends
- Sudan to sell stakes in four sugar plants