Batelco supports handicraft show
Manama, December 13, 2011
Batelco, the leading telecom service provider in Bahrain, has donated BD15,000 ($39,780) to a committee of the Bahrain Society for Women's Development towards organising a handicrafts event.
The Shajara Tayyibah committee is holding an event entitled "New Eyes on Tradition" today (December 13).
Batelco public relations manager Osama Alsaad presented the cheque to society treasury secretary Nadia Al Najar, at the company's Hamala headquarters.
The event is to be held at the Bahrain International Circuit, under the patronage of Her Royal Highness Princess Sabeeka bint Ibrahim Al Khalifa, wife of His Majesty King Hamad and Supreme Council for Women president.
Committee members are working in close collaboration with local artists to help them use modern techniques in making traditional products such as baskets and pottery in a more innovative and creative manner.
Proceeds from event will be used for the development of handicraft workers. Entry is by invitation only. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Bahrain seizes $7.2m drugs in boat raids
- UAE pulls out of $9.8bn Eurofighter deal
- Saudi's inaugural food expo 'a big hit'
- One million Gazans in need of food aid says UN
- US burger chain to open outlets in Saudi
- $350,000 raised at Dubai charity event
- 2013 deadliest for desperate migrants, says report
- Bahrain sees 25pc drop in fires
- 4,500 to exhibit at Dubai food show
- Northrop Grumman names new Saudi head