Oman Air team displays culinary skills
Muscat, December 20, 2011
A team of experts from Oman Air Catering’s pastry kitchen demonstrated advanced culinary skills at the recent three-day Food and Hotel Expo 2011 at the Oman International Exhibition Centre in Muscat.
The team, led by Oman Air’s head pastry chef, Harsha Ranasinghe, and supported by Fatma Al Riyami and Sampath Fernandez, tackled a range of spectacular food preparation methods, including chocolate molding and preparation, dessert plating, showpiece design and wedding cake structure techniques.
In addition to entertaining and informing visitors to the Expo, the demonstration formed a vital part of Oman Air Catering’s training and development initiative, which is spearheaded by general manager catering, Aaron Claxton, along with food production Manager, Fuad Al Hinai.
“Our pastry chefs have given a superb demonstration, which not only showcased the commitment and talent for which Oman Air Catering is noted, but also gave an insight into the remarkable range of skills creativity required of the sector’s leading professionals,” said Claxton.
“The team’s appearance at the Food and Hotels Expo 2011 was the latest in our Culinary Skills training initiative, which has also seen cross training in Bangkok and Delhi with renowned hotel groups and the deployment of Omani cooks overseas to gain hands-on exposure within very different professional environments.”
“Oman Air is proud to be investing in, developing and nurturing Omani talent in this way and we look forward to continuing to produce delicious, attractive and imaginative food for our customers in Muscat and throughout our expanding international network,” he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Equity firm buys into Algerian Pepsi bottler
- Mother recounts vice den ordeal in Bahrain
- More companies 'getting into CSR activities'
- Middle East grain import bills could rise
- New Emirati themed restaurant opens
- 4 UAE companies in race for agri innovation awards
- Stage set for Bahrain Animal Production Show
- Amphibious boats make global debut in Dubai
- Dubai chamber F&B group sets roadmap for 2014
- Feminisation drive costs $213m to Saudi firms
- US interiors firm opens MEA base in Dubai
- Saudi 'spends $1.6bn on energy drinks'
- Farmer is jailed for raping housemaid in Bahrain
- Bahraini mother recounts firebombs agony
- Guard foils masked ATM robbers in Bahrain
- Bahraini on Arab world's 'most powerful women' list
- Latest kitchen technology at Sharjah event
- Number of HNWIs in Africa to double by 2023
- World boxing legend to visit Bahrain
- UAE road accidents decline by 23.5pc
- Top businesswomen in Bahrain honoured
- Death penalty sought for Bahrain terrorists
- Girl, 9, dies after fall from 8th floor in Abu Dhabi
- Lebanese café brand opens Dubai outlet
- Bahrain poultry firm told to step up safety
- Customer dies in Bahrain cafe brawl
- Bahraini boys hurt while planting bombs
- Philips, Ericsson launch LED street lighting
- DuBiotech to set up first Halal safety lab
- Jotun to supply coatings for Makkah Station