New details of causeway blow-up plan revealed
Manama, January 26, 2012
Alarabiya.net has revealed new details of Iran's attempt to blow up King Fahad Causeway.
It appeared that the Iranian cell, known as Iran's sleeper cell or Bahrain's Hizbollah cell, had received military training in Syria and was planning to undergo an intensive training in Iran.
Sources told Alarabiya.net that Saudi suspects provided cell members with facilities, including accommodation, transport and communication, while they were in Saudi Arabia.
Alarabiya.net also received information confirming that the cell was in possession of documents, plans, a handwritten paper as well as an instructional diagram for making bombs and Iranian and US currencies.
Information revealed that the sleeper cell received training on blowing up buildings and killing people and was due to arrive in Iran for intensive training and to meet cleric Assad Qaseer to get a fatwa on jihad declared by Supreme Leader Ayatollah Kaminei in his speech.
According to Arabiya.net, the list of assassinations included Bahraini journalists and Shura Council members.
All flight bookings had been made through a Lebanese travel agency known for its links with Iran.
Media leaks suggested the involvement of Kuwaitis, including former MP Mahmood Haidar, in providing the cell with financial support, according to some Bahraini MPs.
It also confirmed recordings of lengthy conversations on Syrian and Labanese phones. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Saudi's inaugural food expo 'a big hit'
- One million Gazans in need of food aid says UN
- US burger chain to open outlets in Saudi
- $350,000 raised at Dubai charity event
- 2013 deadliest for desperate migrants, says report
- Bahrain sees 25pc drop in fires
- 4,500 to exhibit at Dubai food show
- Northrop Grumman names new Saudi head
- 1,500 delegates at Ajman networking event
- Iran buys Indian raw sugar in rare deals