Super painter opens Dubai show
Dubai, January 29, 2012
‘Super Action Painter’ Jose Luis Quiceno recently opened his show at BurJuman Mall, with visitors being treated to an unusual series of portrait sessions.
The Columbian artist speed-painted portraits of celebrities and pop icons such as Amy Winehouse, Marilyn Monroe and Bob Marley in a series of shows that brought the term ‘performance art’ to life, said a statement.
Each fifteen-minute performance intersperses a portrait session with a dance and gymnastics routine that combines brushstrokes with fluid movements and acrobatics.
The ‘Super Action Painter’ will continue his dramatic and dynamic creative work with live portrait sessions of popular celebrities such as Lady Diana, John Lennon, David and Victoria Beckham and Rowan Atkinson at the Observatory, BurJuman at 5:45pm, 7:00pm and 8:30pm every day until February 1. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- BAE Systems falls after UAE halts fighter talks
- GCC to set up 100,000-strong security force
- Bahrain seizes $7.2m drugs in boat raids
- UAE pulls out of $9.8bn Eurofighter deal
- Saudi's inaugural food expo 'a big hit'
- One million Gazans in need of food aid says UN
- US burger chain to open outlets in Saudi
- $350,000 raised at Dubai charity event
- 2013 deadliest for desperate migrants, says report
- Bahrain sees 25pc drop in fires