Madonna show tickets to go on sale
Abu Dhabi, February 8, 2012
Top singer Madonna will perform at Yas Island in Abu Dhabi on June 3 and show organiser Flash Entertainment has confirmed that 22,000 tickets are available for sale.
Flash said the tickets would go on sale at midday on February 27 for the June 3 show and urged fans to buy early to avoid disappointment.
With an average of 41,000 fans attending each show of Madonna’s last tour in 2008/9, the company is preparing for one of the fastest selling shows in the city’s history, a statement said.
Madonna’s concert weekend is expected to draw tens of thousands of fans to Yas Island, the statement said.
Mira Sadek, Flash Entertainment, said: “Abu Dhabi has provided the perfect backdrop for exceptional entertainment, cultural and sporting events in recent years. The city has become a major player in the industry, which has played an important part in elevating the entire region’s reputation for delivering world-class entertainment.”
Faisal Al Sheikh, events manager, Abu Dhabi Tourism Authority, said: “Extremely high profile concerts of this nature do much to spread awareness of Abu Dhabi’s tourism offering and the city’s emergence as an international entertainment destination.”
“Headline concerts have proved their worth in delivering an increasing number of guests to Abu Dhabi’s hotels and this show, I am sure, be welcomed by all in the UAE capital’s hospitality sector,” Al Sheikh said.
In recent years, the city has successfully positioned itself as the entertainment hub of the Middle East with the 2009 opening of Yas Island, where the first ever day/night Etihad Airways Formula One Abu Dhabi Grand Prix was staged.
Yas Island, which is a short drive from Abu Dhabi International Airport, is home to a wide collection of some of the country’s finest hotels and leisure attractions including Ferrari World, Yas Links, Yas Yacht Club and over 30 dining options.
In 2011, the Yas Arena saw over half a million people through its doors to see performers including Aerosmith, Shakira, Beyonce, Paul McCartney, Eric Clapton, Stevie Wonder, Britney Spears, Metallica, Janet Jackson and Arabic Megastar Amr Diab.
In all, the Arena has hosted over 50 artists and 23 shows in the past three years, the statement said.
Tickets can be bought online or via Flash. They can also be purchased from Virgin Megastores outlets across the Middle East. Prices start at Dh350 ($95.3).
Etihad Airways will announce concert packages shortly, it said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Equity firm buys into Algerian Pepsi bottler
- Mother recounts vice den ordeal in Bahrain
- More companies 'getting into CSR activities'
- Middle East grain import bills could rise
- New Emirati themed restaurant opens
- 4 UAE companies in race for agri innovation awards
- Stage set for Bahrain Animal Production Show
- Amphibious boats make global debut in Dubai
- Dubai chamber F&B group sets roadmap for 2014
- Feminisation drive costs $213m to Saudi firms
- US interiors firm opens MEA base in Dubai
- Saudi 'spends $1.6bn on energy drinks'
- Farmer is jailed for raping housemaid in Bahrain
- Bahraini mother recounts firebombs agony
- Guard foils masked ATM robbers in Bahrain
- Bahraini on Arab world's 'most powerful women' list
- Latest kitchen technology at Sharjah event
- Number of HNWIs in Africa to double by 2023
- World boxing legend to visit Bahrain
- UAE road accidents decline by 23.5pc
- Top businesswomen in Bahrain honoured
- Death penalty sought for Bahrain terrorists
- Girl, 9, dies after fall from 8th floor in Abu Dhabi
- Lebanese café brand opens Dubai outlet
- Bahrain poultry firm told to step up safety
- Customer dies in Bahrain cafe brawl
- Bahraini boys hurt while planting bombs
- Philips, Ericsson launch LED street lighting
- DuBiotech to set up first Halal safety lab
- Jotun to supply coatings for Makkah Station