Nawras launches two news services
Muscat, February 14, 2012
Oman’s telecommunications company Nawras has launched Reuters breaking news service and Asia News to conveniently bring world news to customers’ handsets and tablets.
The two new SMS services will provide customers with the latest updates on international news stories via Reuters while Asia News will deliver daily news from India, Pakistan and Sri Lanka, a statement from the company said.
Nawras is offering these SMS services on a monthly subscription basis and both services are available for all Nawras Ajel (postpaid) and Nawras Mousbak (prepaid) customers.
Reuters news is communicated in either English or Arabic with a minimum of one message delivered each day, the nominal monthly fee for which is OR1.5 ($3.9).
Customers can also choose to receive Asian News in English from any of the three countries featured for 700 baiza ($1.82) per month, per country, the statement said.
Al Muhanna Jaifar Al-Said, VAS specialist, said: “Nawras customers can now easily stay informed and up-to-date while on the move, wherever they go. These are the latest additions to a long list of value-added services that form part of the pleasingly different communications experience we offer.”
Nawras said new services are in addition to the existing CNN, BBC, Koora Mobile, Al Jazeera and Al Arabiya. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Egypt gathers 2.7m tonnes of wheat
- Iran seeks to speed up nuclear activity: IAEA
- RAK yacht club enters new partnership
- Mubadala unit developing new cabin concept
- Iran denies link to spying ring in Saudi
- Turkey shuts Syria border after bombings
- Enrolment for tourism youth summer camp opens
- Bahrain MPs vote to ban pork
- Kuwaiti touristic website introduced
- Lebanese firm to invest $800m in Sudan