InterContinental Doha to open new eatery
Doha, February 15, 2012
InterContinental Doha The City is set to open a new restaurant and lounge next month on levels 55 and 56 of the stunning West Bay tower, providing panoramic views across the city.
Strata, the signature restaurant of InterContinental Doha The City, will be the highest restaurant and lounge in Doha, offering guests a modern menu and exquisite ambience in a luxurious ambience.
The specialty of the house at Strata will be chilled seafood, with three distinct styles served for lunch and dinner. Guests will be able to enjoy seafood platters, sushi and sashimi, alongside a range of modern dishes.
Chefs at Strata will specialise in sous-vide styles to offer delicious new flavours and textures, as well as spherification techniques to bring a new dimension to Qatar cuisine using molecular gastronomy.
In addition to Strata, InterContinental Doha The City will offer a wide range of dining options, with five other restaurants and two lounge areas.
These will include the all-day dining hotspot, The Square. Spanning the entire second floor of the tower, The Square will serve an eclectic array of culinary creations from its four live cooking stations.
The four interactive stations will specialise in six separate cuisines including Japanese, Chinese, Indian, Thai, European and Middle Eastern cuisine.
Serving breakfast, lunch and dinner, along with an à la carte all day menu, The Square will also provide a business lunch priced at QR88 ($24). Its position in the heart of the hotel will make it the place for people to gather with the bustling energy of a town square.
Hive will be a lively lounge and energetic space, providing the perfect place to meet friends after work, serving a selection of light bites such as Tuna and Sesame Tataki, Seaweed Salad and Yakisushi Nori, as well as Mushroom Ragout and Ricotta Fried Ravioli.
An international team of chefs bring a wealth of experience and talent to InterContinental Doha The City. Having worked in five-star establishments across the globe, the new team will offer a new perspective to food connoisseurs in Doha.
InterContinental Doha the City will open in February, with The Square and Hive opening doors immediately, a statement said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Dubai private security firm gets key certification
- Dutch firm wins Algeria interior ministry order
- Bahrain SMEs 'on the verge of closure'
- Unrest victim's kin stranded at Bahrain airport
- Egypt food subsidy bill to total $4.3bn this year
- Entrepreneurship festival targets SMEs
- Equity firm buys into Algerian Pepsi bottler
- Mother recounts vice den ordeal in Bahrain
- More companies 'getting into CSR activities'
- Middle East grain import bills could rise
- New Emirati themed restaurant opens
- 4 UAE companies in race for agri innovation awards
- Stage set for Bahrain Animal Production Show
- Amphibious boats make global debut in Dubai
- Dubai chamber F&B group sets roadmap for 2014
- Feminisation drive costs $213m to Saudi firms
- US interiors firm opens MEA base in Dubai
- Saudi 'spends $1.6bn on energy drinks'
- Farmer is jailed for raping housemaid in Bahrain
- Bahraini mother recounts firebombs agony
- Guard foils masked ATM robbers in Bahrain
- Bahraini on Arab world's 'most powerful women' list
- Latest kitchen technology at Sharjah event
- Number of HNWIs in Africa to double by 2023
- World boxing legend to visit Bahrain
- UAE road accidents decline by 23.5pc
- Top businesswomen in Bahrain honoured
- Death penalty sought for Bahrain terrorists
- Girl, 9, dies after fall from 8th floor in Abu Dhabi
- Lebanese café brand opens Dubai outlet