STC, Star Arcade in games deal
Barcelona, February 28, 2012
Saudi Telecom Company (STC) will promote Star Arcade games to its 25 million subscribers in the local market, an announcement said.
The announcement was made at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona.
Star Arcade is a developer of advanced technology platform for implementing cross platform multiplayer social games across any smartphone operating system or Facebook.
"We offer a wide variety of communications and we serve an extensive range of customers on devices ranging from mobile phones to PCs and beyond. Because of Star Arcade's technology, we can offer multiplayer social games to all of our customers and feel confident that our customers will be amazed by the capabilities Star Arcade," said Kerdi Altemiyat, service management director for STC.
"All games built on our Star Arcade platform suit global multiplayer cross platform audiences – like STC's subscriber base -- with features like our Lobby for finding multiplayer opponents, and in-app chat and virtual goods that work across any screen," said Harri Myllyla, CEO of Star Arcade.
"We are the world's first gaming technology company to enable a real time multi player experience where Facebook users can play in real time against their friends who are using any kind of mobile device in any country. Everyone can just start playing," he said.
STC provides integrated mobile, fixed and broadband communications services to 25 million subscribers in Saudi Market. STC is the largest telecommunications company, by market capitalisation and total revenue, in the Middle East region. - TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- One million Gazans in need of food aid says UN
- US burger chain to open outlets in Saudi
- $350,000 raised at Dubai charity event
- 2013 deadliest for desperate migrants, says report
- Bahrain sees 25pc drop in fires
- 4,500 to exhibit at Dubai food show
- Northrop Grumman names new Saudi head
- 1,500 delegates at Ajman networking event
- Iran buys Indian raw sugar in rare deals
- US, Chinese warships narrowly avoid collision