Bahrain inks Al Hayat TV deal
Manama, March 1, 2012
Bahrain's Information Affairs Authority (IAA) general directorate of radio and television affairs and the Egyptian Al Hayat TV have signed an MoU on co-ordination in the audio-visual field.
The memorandum is in line with the IAA’s keenness to enhance inter-Arab and Bahraini-Egyptian media co-operation, said a statement.
Meanwhile, a partnership has been formed between the IAA, the Fourth Arab Media Forum and Bahrain Journalists Association (BJA). This is in line with the ongoing functions of “Manama the Capital of Arab Media”.
Specialised training sessions for press and TV correspondents are to be held, the statement said.
“This is within the framework of the IAA’s commitment to organising a line-up of programmes and training sessions aimed at grooming young Bahrainis,” Bahrain News Agency director Muhannad Suleiman said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Cargill picks top ME banker for Asia role
- Raytheon sees $5bn Mideast orders in 'weeks'
- Civil servants may get 20pc pay increase
- Bikers Cafe launched in Fujairah
- N Irish seafood firms eye Mideast market
- UAE experts warn of rising child abuse
- German pump specialist boosts ME presence
- Almaymanah signs franchise with Austria firm
- Bahrain celebrates Women’s Day
- US Navy plans expansion in Bahrain