Almarai raises $267m from debut sukuk
Jeddah, March 11, 2012
Saudi Arabia's Almarai Co, the Gulf's biggest dairy firm by market value, raised 1 billion riyals ($266.6 million) through a sukuk, or Islamic bond, issue on March 7, the firm said in a bourse statement.
'Almarai successfully issued sukuk for 1 billion riyals on March 7, 2012. The orders reached 4.7 billion riyals, 4.7 times oversubscribed,' the statement said.
It is the first time that Almarai has issued public debt, having begun roadshows for the offering last month.
HSBC Saudi Arabia was the arranger of the sukuk. - Reuters
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Diamond to launch UK café brand in UAE
- Mideast super-rich's wealth surges to $354bn
- Focus on anti-trafficking co-operation
- 300 brands on show at Saudi Foodex
- Bridge project at US base to be ready soon
- DuPont in sustainability goals success
- Abu Dhabi Police, Royal Jet ink agreement
- Jotun opens warehouse in Dammam
- RAK Ceramics deploys top SAP software
- GCAA warns on helium balloon dangers