Bahrain Capital Club launches green drive
Manama, March 29, 2012
Capital Club, Bahrain’s premier private business club, recently launched an exclusive ‘Go Green’ initiative to encourage its employees to come up with creative eco-friendly ideas.
The aim of this special initiative was to heighten awareness on a range of environmental issues including recycling and waste and carbon emission reductions. Tips on how to effectively recycle or re-use unwanted items for a good cause at work and at home were also given.
During the month of March, the different department heads at Capital Club encouraged colleagues to get involved in the initiative.
A competition was organised in which each department was required to come up with creative ideas to encourage eco-friendly behaviour, with a prize on offer for the best masterpiece using recycled materials.
The entries were judged by Shahnaz Pakravan, interim club manager of Capital Club.
The winners of the competition were the Food & Beverage and Kitchen teams. In addition supplementary prizes were given away to the Member Relations and Housekeeping teams. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Equity firm buys into Algerian Pepsi bottler
- Mother recounts vice den ordeal in Bahrain
- More companies 'getting into CSR activities'
- Middle East grain import bills could rise
- New Emirati themed restaurant opens
- 4 UAE companies in race for agri innovation awards
- Stage set for Bahrain Animal Production Show
- Amphibious boats make global debut in Dubai
- Dubai chamber F&B group sets roadmap for 2014
- Feminisation drive costs $213m to Saudi firms
- US interiors firm opens MEA base in Dubai
- Saudi 'spends $1.6bn on energy drinks'
- Farmer is jailed for raping housemaid in Bahrain
- Bahraini mother recounts firebombs agony
- Guard foils masked ATM robbers in Bahrain
- Bahraini on Arab world's 'most powerful women' list
- Latest kitchen technology at Sharjah event
- Number of HNWIs in Africa to double by 2023
- World boxing legend to visit Bahrain
- UAE road accidents decline by 23.5pc
- Top businesswomen in Bahrain honoured
- Death penalty sought for Bahrain terrorists
- Girl, 9, dies after fall from 8th floor in Abu Dhabi
- Lebanese café brand opens Dubai outlet
- Bahrain poultry firm told to step up safety
- Customer dies in Bahrain cafe brawl
- Bahraini boys hurt while planting bombs
- Philips, Ericsson launch LED street lighting
- DuBiotech to set up first Halal safety lab
- Jotun to supply coatings for Makkah Station