Adnec hosts record 64 events in Q1
Abu Dhabi, April 1, 2012
Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Company (Adnec) hosted a record 64 events at its expo centre during the first quarter including major exhibitions, conferences, meetings and weddings attracting more than 125,000 visitors.
Adnec is a strategic international venue development and management company. Its venue portfolio includes one of the most modern exhibition centres in the world - Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Centre, and the UK capital’s largest exhibition and conference venue, ExCeL London, and Al Ain Convention Centre in Al Ain.
The three mammoth events - World Future Energy Summit, World Ophthalmology Congress and the Tawdheef together accounted for over 64,000 visitors, said the Abu Dhabi expo giant.
Humaid Al Dhaheri, Adnec’s chief sales & marketing officer, said, 'Last year was very successful for Adnec as we hosted 231 events. This year appears to be equally promising taking into consideration the numbers reported during this first quarter.'
'The different types of events taking place at Adnec are in line with the Abu Dhabi 2030 Vision which aims to focus on sectors such as energy, defence, and tourism,' he added
The major milestones in the first quarter include:
*The award for world’s leading meetings and conference centre 2011 at the World Travel Awards held in Doha in January.
*Playing host to World Future Energy Summit in January welcoming more than 26,000 visitors and speakers, providing a platform for the world’s foremost specialists on sustainable energy to share knowledge and expertise
*Hosting the largest recruitment show in the Gulf, Tawdheef that attracted more than 28,000 local and regional visitors in January;
*Playing host to The World Ophthalmology Congress in February - the largest congress ever held in the capital with over 10,000 visitors from 136 countries.
'Besides, Adnec unveiled ICC Abu Dhabi, boosting the UAE capital’s positioning as a destination for large-scale international conventions and association events,' said Al Dhaheri.
'In March, the expo centre hosted International Security National Resilience Exhibition and Conference (ISNR) focused on homeland security issues. The event, which also featured a fire fighting championship, attracted close to 9,000 visitors and included exhibitors from 26 countries.
Beside this, Adnec also hosted ‘Olympians’, a photography exhibition that celebrates the success of 24 Emirati athletes who are gearing up to compete in the Olympic and Paralympic Games in London 2012 and beyond. The photos were taken by UK artist Gabriella Sancisi.
According to Al Dhaheri, the Al Ain Convention Centre too was playing a great role in activating the events calendar in Al Ain.
The centre hosted the 13th Al Ain International Jewellery & Watches Exhibition as well as the second Agricultural Exhibition in Al Ain, which saw the participation of hundreds of companies operating in the field of agriculture and development of the urban environment, and showcased recent innovations in the field of agriculture and water conservation.
Looking ahead, the company chief said, 'April brings a diverse line-up of seven major events, starting with the second World Ports and Trade Summit from April 2 to 4, which is a hub for international business and government leaders from more than 500 companies and government entities to discuss alternative futures of the global shipping industries.'
Cityscape Abu Dhabi from April 22 to 25, is the capital’s premier event for the real estate industry and acts as a platform for introducing projects, discussing issues, as well as a meeting point for peers, investors, and government agencies.
During the last couple of years it has attracts hundreds of exhibitors and 25,000 visitors per annum.
The inaugural Piscine Middle East is co-located with Cityscape to be held from April 22 to 25. The swimming pool and spa trade show expects to attract 60 international exhibitors and more than 2,000 visitors during its first year.
Other events lined up for this month include Emirates Skills National Competition (April 11 to12), Abu Dhabi International Sports Exhibition (April 12 to 14), Arabian Build and Construction (April 22-25) and Beauty Secrets Show April 30 to May 3.-TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Dutch firm wins Algeria interior ministry order
- Bahrain SMEs 'on the verge of closure'
- Unrest victim's kin stranded at Bahrain airport
- Egypt food subsidy bill to total $4.3bn this year
- Entrepreneurship festival targets SMEs
- Equity firm buys into Algerian Pepsi bottler
- Mother recounts vice den ordeal in Bahrain
- More companies 'getting into CSR activities'
- Middle East grain import bills could rise
- New Emirati themed restaurant opens
- 4 UAE companies in race for agri innovation awards
- Stage set for Bahrain Animal Production Show
- Amphibious boats make global debut in Dubai
- Dubai chamber F&B group sets roadmap for 2014
- Feminisation drive costs $213m to Saudi firms
- US interiors firm opens MEA base in Dubai
- Saudi 'spends $1.6bn on energy drinks'
- Farmer is jailed for raping housemaid in Bahrain
- Bahraini mother recounts firebombs agony
- Guard foils masked ATM robbers in Bahrain
- Bahraini on Arab world's 'most powerful women' list
- Latest kitchen technology at Sharjah event
- Number of HNWIs in Africa to double by 2023
- World boxing legend to visit Bahrain
- UAE road accidents decline by 23.5pc
- Top businesswomen in Bahrain honoured
- Death penalty sought for Bahrain terrorists
- Girl, 9, dies after fall from 8th floor in Abu Dhabi
- Lebanese café brand opens Dubai outlet
- Bahrain poultry firm told to step up safety