Jet fighters from 10 countries for Bahrain drill
Manama, April 2, 2012
More than 100 jet fighters from 10 countries are taking part in an upcoming drill being organised by Bahrain Defence Force (BDF), making the event the biggest since 1988.
US Air Force jet fighters yesterday (April 1) landed at Isa Airbase to take part in the 2012 Basic Liaison Drill, which will be held from April 8 to April 18.
This is part of periodic training exercises the BDF has been organising for 25 years with the participation of air force from friendly countries, including the US as a permanent participant since the exercise was first launched.
The drill includes joint exercises among participants to consolidate co-operation in maintaining security and stability in the Gulf. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- BAE Systems falls after UAE halts fighter talks
- GCC to set up 100,000-strong security force
- Bahrain seizes $7.2m drugs in boat raids
- UAE pulls out of $9.8bn Eurofighter deal
- Saudi's inaugural food expo 'a big hit'
- One million Gazans in need of food aid says UN
- US burger chain to open outlets in Saudi
- $350,000 raised at Dubai charity event
- 2013 deadliest for desperate migrants, says report
- Bahrain sees 25pc drop in fires