Batelco to sponsor horse races
Manama, April 2, 2012
Bahrain’s leading telecommunications company, Batelco, will sponsor the 2012 Batelco Challenge, a major day’s horse racing featuring six races, to be held on April 13 at the Rashid Equestrian & Horse Racing Club in Sakhir.
The initiative is in line with its commitment to sporting events, a statement from Batelco said.
The featured races include Batelco Broadband Cup, Batelco Supersmart Cup, Batelco Bahrain Cup, Batelco Group Cup, Batelco SimSim Cup and Batelco Al Dana Cup.
The company has allocated cash prizes of up to BD3,000 ($7,978.74) for the winners of each race.
Batelco Group CEO Shaikh Mohamed Bin Isa Al Khalifa, Batelco Bahrain CEO Rashid Abdulla as well as a number of the company’s general managers will be present at the event. They will also help to award prizes to the winning owners, trainers and jockeys.
To help celebrate the special Challenge day, Batelco is giving racegoers the chance to win brand new mobile phones in a free draw at the racetrack.
Every person entering the event will be given a raffle ticket and three people will win a mobile phone in a draw which will be held in the afternoon, the statement said.
“We are delighted to sponsor the Batelco Challenge and give racegoers this opportunity to enjoy an entertaining day at the races,” said Ahmed Al Janahi, general manager, media relations, Batelco Group.
“A love of horses and a passion for racing are inextricably linked with the Kingdom of Bahrain and these six races, together with the great prize fund, will fuel interest amongst jockeys, owners and spectators, alike,” he said.
Admission to the event is free and the race starts at 2pm. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Dubai chamber F&B group sets roadmap for 2014
- Feminisation drive costs $213m to Saudi firms
- US interiors firm opens MEA base in Dubai
- Saudi 'spends $1.6bn on energy drinks'
- Farmer is jailed for raping housemaid in Bahrain
- Bahraini mother recounts firebombs agony
- Guard foils masked ATM robbers in Bahrain
- Bahraini on Arab world's 'most powerful women' list
- Latest kitchen technology at Sharjah event
- Number of HNWIs in Africa to double by 2023
- World boxing legend to visit Bahrain
- UAE road accidents decline by 23.5pc
- Top businesswomen in Bahrain honoured
- Death penalty sought for Bahrain terrorists
- Girl, 9, dies after fall from 8th floor in Abu Dhabi
- Lebanese café brand opens Dubai outlet
- Bahrain poultry firm told to step up safety
- Customer dies in Bahrain cafe brawl
- Bahraini boys hurt while planting bombs
- Philips, Ericsson launch LED street lighting
- DuBiotech to set up first Halal safety lab
- Jotun to supply coatings for Makkah Station
- Raytheon wins $655m Kuwait Patriot deal
- Alwaleed Foundation lights up 3 Saudi villages
- Poultry farms strike may trigger shortages in Bahrain
- Oman seals Victoria food security pact
- Saudi woman, 80, donates $133m to charity
- New Saudi clamp on energy drinks
- Outrage follows Bahrain killer bomb
- Improvised explosive device used in Bahrain attack