Iraq to buy 30,000 tonnes of basmati rice
Baghdad, April 4, 2012
Iraq has issued a tender to buy a minimum of 30,000 tonnes of basmati rice from India and Pakistan origin, the trade ministry said in a statement published on Wednesday.
The bidding deadline is April 10 and offers must remain valid until April 16. Shipment dates were not given.
Volumes in Iraq's grain tenders are regarded as nominal and the country frequently buys more than the tender volumes. - Reuters
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Egypt gathers 2.7m tonnes of wheat
- Iran seeks to speed up nuclear activity: IAEA
- RAK yacht club enters new partnership
- Mubadala unit developing new cabin concept
- Iran denies link to spying ring in Saudi
- Turkey shuts Syria border after bombings
- Enrolment for tourism youth summer camp opens
- Bahrain MPs vote to ban pork
- Kuwaiti touristic website introduced
- Lebanese firm to invest $800m in Sudan