Eurocopter to showcase at Morocco airshow
Marrakech, April 5, 2012
Eurocopter will mark its five decades of helicopter operations in Morocco’s homeland security, law enforcement, medical airlift, rescue and military mobility at this week’s Marrakech Air Show.
Eurocopter’s participation in the third biannual aerospace exposition at Marrakech Airport will include the presence of Eurocopter’s multi-role AS550 Fennec, which is equipped with rockets and a high efficiency 20 mm gun.
“This year’s Marrakesh Air Show underscores a 50-year relationship of Eurocopter and Morocco that has been based on a spirit of confidence and loyalty, with a full range of our products serving the Kingdom – from the cornerstone Alouette to the latest EC225,” said Loïc Porcheron, the Eurocopter vice-president for Middle East and Africa.
“Eurocopter stands ready to continue supporting Morocco’s evolving mission requirements over the long-term.”
The country’s largest Eurocopter fleet is operated by the Royal Moroccan Air Forces. Helicopters such as SA342 Gazelle and AS330 Puma are used for armed reconnaissance, troop transport to support and logistics.
The Royal Moroccan Navy operates AS565 Panther for search and rescue, coastal surveillance, and deployments at sea on frigates.
An inventory of helicopters from Gazelle to Super Puma family is flown by the Royal Moroccan Gendarmerie for a very large panel of missions from search and rescue, medical airlift and anti-crime to VIP transport. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Mother recounts vice den ordeal in Bahrain
- More companies 'getting into CSR activities'
- Middle East grain import bills could rise
- New Emirati themed restaurant opens
- 4 UAE companies in race for agri innovation awards
- Stage set for Bahrain Animal Production Show
- Amphibious boats make global debut in Dubai
- Dubai chamber F&B group sets roadmap for 2014
- Feminisation drive costs $213m to Saudi firms
- US interiors firm opens MEA base in Dubai
- Saudi 'spends $1.6bn on energy drinks'
- Farmer is jailed for raping housemaid in Bahrain
- Bahraini mother recounts firebombs agony
- Guard foils masked ATM robbers in Bahrain
- Bahraini on Arab world's 'most powerful women' list
- Latest kitchen technology at Sharjah event
- Number of HNWIs in Africa to double by 2023
- World boxing legend to visit Bahrain
- UAE road accidents decline by 23.5pc
- Top businesswomen in Bahrain honoured
- Death penalty sought for Bahrain terrorists
- Girl, 9, dies after fall from 8th floor in Abu Dhabi
- Lebanese café brand opens Dubai outlet
- Bahrain poultry firm told to step up safety
- Customer dies in Bahrain cafe brawl
- Bahraini boys hurt while planting bombs
- Philips, Ericsson launch LED street lighting
- DuBiotech to set up first Halal safety lab
- Jotun to supply coatings for Makkah Station
- Raytheon wins $655m Kuwait Patriot deal