Eurocopter to showcase at Morocco airshow
Marrakech, April 5, 2012
Eurocopter will mark its five decades of helicopter operations in Morocco’s homeland security, law enforcement, medical airlift, rescue and military mobility at this week’s Marrakech Air Show.
Eurocopter’s participation in the third biannual aerospace exposition at Marrakech Airport will include the presence of Eurocopter’s multi-role AS550 Fennec, which is equipped with rockets and a high efficiency 20 mm gun.
“This year’s Marrakesh Air Show underscores a 50-year relationship of Eurocopter and Morocco that has been based on a spirit of confidence and loyalty, with a full range of our products serving the Kingdom – from the cornerstone Alouette to the latest EC225,” said Loïc Porcheron, the Eurocopter vice-president for Middle East and Africa.
“Eurocopter stands ready to continue supporting Morocco’s evolving mission requirements over the long-term.”
The country’s largest Eurocopter fleet is operated by the Royal Moroccan Air Forces. Helicopters such as SA342 Gazelle and AS330 Puma are used for armed reconnaissance, troop transport to support and logistics.
The Royal Moroccan Navy operates AS565 Panther for search and rescue, coastal surveillance, and deployments at sea on frigates.
An inventory of helicopters from Gazelle to Super Puma family is flown by the Royal Moroccan Gendarmerie for a very large panel of missions from search and rescue, medical airlift and anti-crime to VIP transport. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Jotun opens warehouse in Dammam
- RAK Ceramics deploys top SAP software
- GCAA warns on helium balloon dangers
- Top pizza chain plans big UAE investment
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to clinch key deal
- UAE food expo nets $544m deals
- Bleak outlook for WTO deal as rift widens
- Cargill picks top ME banker for Asia role
- Raytheon sees $5bn Mideast orders in 'weeks'
- Civil servants may get 20pc pay increase