10 workers die in Bahrain house fire
Manama, May 27, 2012
Ten Bangladeshi workers in Bahrain were suffocated to death after inhaling toxic fumes from a fire that engulfed their home in the early hours of Sunday, reports said.
The accident occurred at East Riffa, 20km south off the capital Manama, in the morning.
A Bahrain judicial official was quoted as saying the workers 'died of suffocation.'
Initial investigations, according to the chief of public prosecution, point out that the cause of the fire was ascribable to an electric short-circuit, ruling out any suspicious criminal act as the cause of the fire, the Bahrain news Agency report said.
Eleven Bangladeshis, all from Comilla, lived in a house which caught fire in the morning, Bangladeshi officials were quoted as saying. One of them survived the accident, they said.
More Miscellaneous Stories
- UAE food expo nets $544m deals
- Bleak outlook for WTO deal as rift widens
- Cargill picks top ME banker for Asia role
- Raytheon sees $5bn Mideast orders in 'weeks'
- Civil servants may get 20pc pay increase
- Bikers Cafe launched in Fujairah
- N Irish seafood firms eye Mideast market
- UAE experts warn of rising child abuse
- German pump specialist boosts ME presence
- Almaymanah signs franchise with Austria firm