10 workers die in Bahrain house fire
Manama, May 27, 2012
Ten Bangladeshi workers in Bahrain were suffocated to death after inhaling toxic fumes from a fire that engulfed their home in the early hours of Sunday, reports said.
The accident occurred at East Riffa, 20km south off the capital Manama, in the morning.
A Bahrain judicial official was quoted as saying the workers 'died of suffocation.'
Initial investigations, according to the chief of public prosecution, point out that the cause of the fire was ascribable to an electric short-circuit, ruling out any suspicious criminal act as the cause of the fire, the Bahrain news Agency report said.
Eleven Bangladeshis, all from Comilla, lived in a house which caught fire in the morning, Bangladeshi officials were quoted as saying. One of them survived the accident, they said.
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Egypt food subsidy bill to total $4.3bn this year
- Entrepreneurship festival targets SMEs
- Equity firm buys into Algerian Pepsi bottler
- Mother recounts vice den ordeal in Bahrain
- More companies 'getting into CSR activities'
- Middle East grain import bills could rise
- New Emirati themed restaurant opens
- 4 UAE companies in race for agri innovation awards
- Stage set for Bahrain Animal Production Show
- Amphibious boats make global debut in Dubai
- Dubai chamber F&B group sets roadmap for 2014
- Feminisation drive costs $213m to Saudi firms
- US interiors firm opens MEA base in Dubai
- Saudi 'spends $1.6bn on energy drinks'
- Farmer is jailed for raping housemaid in Bahrain
- Bahraini mother recounts firebombs agony
- Guard foils masked ATM robbers in Bahrain
- Bahraini on Arab world's 'most powerful women' list
- Latest kitchen technology at Sharjah event
- Number of HNWIs in Africa to double by 2023
- World boxing legend to visit Bahrain
- UAE road accidents decline by 23.5pc
- Top businesswomen in Bahrain honoured
- Death penalty sought for Bahrain terrorists
- Girl, 9, dies after fall from 8th floor in Abu Dhabi
- Lebanese café brand opens Dubai outlet
- Bahrain poultry firm told to step up safety
- Customer dies in Bahrain cafe brawl
- Bahraini boys hurt while planting bombs
- Philips, Ericsson launch LED street lighting